cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank You All

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
DH and I just completed the transaction and sold our last RV! We have been "camping" for almost 48 years, starting with a pop-up and finishing with our Class A! Loved every minute of it, but somehow we know it's time to move on. We will continue to travel, but in our car from now on! Would like to thank everyone who took the time to answer our questions, share their experiences and impart their wisdom. Being on this forum helped in more ways than I can explain. May you all continue to enjoy your life's journey, and Happy Camping!
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!
8 REPLIES 8

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
We will always travel, God willing - just changing the process! Thanks again to all.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

WinMinnie02
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck and happy travels. Only been camping and rving for 25 years hoping for another 20 years.

Explorer II
Explorer II
This is not a bad thing. I'm enjoying my morning coffee in the dining area of a Holiday Inn in Brenham Tx as I write this waiting for my waffles.

We will lay our heads this evening at the Peach Tree Inn in Fredericksburg tonight after spending time in Fayetteville, Fredericksburg and points in between. Then heading to the Marriott in San Antonio on Monday.

We do use our camper to visit some relatives because the hotels in their small towns are horrible. But for the most part our camper has become our hurricane evacuation plan B.

Enjoy your travels and play safe.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Good luck to you in this new stage of life. After a lot of thought we sold our RV last year and will be doing the same as you. Over 70 years of camping. Yes, 70. Family set up cots under the stars near any body of water large enough to throw a fishing line in for years when I was a little kid. Moved into tents much later. Tried a popup once. Didn’t buy a real RV until 2007. Lots of fond memories of each.

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Happy trails wherever you go!

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
May these "new" ways be as fun as the "old" RV ways.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just because you're no longer doing it in an RV, doesn't mean that you can't continue to come here, I'm quite certain after 48 years you've got plenty of knowledge to help others, and learn of their trips and adventures.
It is truly unfortunate that you have reached this point, that is dreaded by all of us that truly love this life, even though we know that our time is coming for a variety of reasons.
Good luck on your new adventures, and God Bless you on your future travels how ever they may be done.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Enjoy your new found way to see the world.