cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

That Dreaded Laundry

morley
Explorer
Explorer
We are leaving for a 3 week trip down the Oregon Coast in September. We will basically be along the coast for the entire time. Any body have any good recomendations for a clean coin operated facility to do that dreaded laundry. Last trip we used one in Coos Bay that if my memory serves me correctly was across from the tourist visitors centre. Any recomendations would be appreciated.
Thanks, Morley
2008 Topaz F254SS 26 ft.
2009 Chevy Silverado, 2500HD, Duramax, Allison Tranny, 4x4, EC
250 watt solar panel system, BlueSky controller and remote
12 REPLIES 12

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
We just returned from 3 weeks on the Washington and Oregon coast and many of the campgrounds we stayed in had nice clean laundry facilities. We did a large load of laundry at Sea Perch RV resort in Yachats. We have used this resort many times, but it is just one of many that have good laundry facilities. Look at RV Park Reviews to see what others have said about the laundry facilities in the parks you plan to stay in.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Another perspective here. We dislike time spent in a laundry so we haven't done it much. Last year we spent 3 weeks on a trip and didn't have laundry time. Dirty clothes went in a laundry bag and stored in the basement. Now, if out longer or room is limited then that isn't possible. We did wash a small load once in a state park in Colorado when I slipped in a stream and muddied my clothes.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
lizzie wrote:
SidecarFlip uses the method immortalized by John Steinbeck in, "Travels with Charlie". When we traveled in a VW van, I used a variation on it too. Now we try to find a laundry that will do the whole job and return clean/folded clothes. It is our one indulgence. That said, it is rough on clothes so we don't carry anything fancy with us. lizzie

I knew someone else used the same method. I attribute clean clothes to rough roads...

I don't have a lot of room in a TC anyway. Everything does double / triple duty. Space is at a premium.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip uses the method immortalized by John Steinbeck in, "Travels with Charlie". When we traveled in a VW van, I used a variation on it too. Now we try to find a laundry that will do the whole job and return clean/folded clothes. It is our one indulgence. That said, it is rough on clothes so we don't carry anything fancy with us. lizzie

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Freedom Laundry Wash & Fold
1155 Newmark Ave
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
I use a 5 gallon bucket with a tight fitting lid and some of America's rough roads to do my laundry while I drive...lol Half day to wash, half day to rinse and hang 'em out the next day to dry and the bucket is storage for dirty clothes when not being used.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

malexander
Explorer
Explorer
Put a W/D in the RV. lol. Our first 5 RVs didn't have one. This last one actually had one in it. We thought it was a waste of space............boy, were we wrong. we'll never have another MH without it.

But previously, we used lots of coin-op laundries.
2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 330 Cat DP, 2008 GL1800 Goldwing, Cessna 150 & 172, Rans S6S Coyote, Vans RV9A. Lifetime NRA, EAA, Good Sam member

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
morley wrote:
We are leaving for a 3 week trip down the Oregon Coast in September. We will basically be along the coast for the entire time. Any body have any good recomendations for a clean coin operated facility to do that dreaded laundry. Last trip we used one in Coos Bay that if my memory serves me correctly was across from the tourist visitors centre. Any recomendations would be appreciated.
Thanks, Morley

we normally use the campground/RV park's laundry room. if that's not an option there's usually one in the nearest town.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
There is one across the street from Ft. Stevens State Park....just outside the KOA. We have used it recently. It was ok as far as public laundromats go.
Have a good trip. You are going at the perfect time for the Oregon Coast.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, we've never gone to a regular laundromat to do laundry. You might save a few bucks, maybe, but the hassle of driving to the place and then killing time while the laundry does its thing, is a pain. Just easier to do a load or two in the place we're staying.

Three weeks doesn't translate to that much laundry, so it shouldn't be so bad to do it in the laundry room.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
When we are "out" for more than just a week-end, we always plan a laundry day (or 2 depending upon how long we are out.) We depend upon campground facilities to have a laundry room. So, if traveling and just need an over night, we plan a KOA or a Good Sam campground because they always have laundry rooms. We carry a BUNCH of quarters in the camper all the time, just for laundry. We have a buffalo "piggy" bank stuffed full of nothing but quarters. Just a guess, we probably have over $100 in quarters in that buffalo. We use it exclusively for laundry. Plan ahead at one of your overnight stops. Campground facilities are there to make it convenient for you.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't know about you exact route, but many CG's have laundry rooms, some are cleaner than others, some are cheaper than others.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund