cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TPMS question?

RAllison
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 38' Keystone Outback being pulled by a dbl cabbed 6' bed pickup. Is there a distance I need to be aware of for the signal to reach the receiver. Getting ready to buy a Tpms system but can't really find out if there is a max distance. Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, on our last trip I had my daughter wait at the dump station across the road. As I got in after dumping I noticed the TPMS display was showing the toad. The car was about 100ft away. So the repeater works great. Without the repeater I donโ€™t get the rear tires of the MH which are closer than the repeater.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the 507 TST system, and bought it before they started supplying the booster as part of the purchase. I pull a 38' 5th wheel toyhauler and it reads the sensors without an issue. But YMMV.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
I placed the booster on the battery box in the front of the trailer--connected to the left clearance light of the trailer. We always run with the lights on, so when the lights are on, the booster is on.
Taa Daah! Works great.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
QCMan wrote:
TST comes with a repeater. Don't know if I need it as the unit is not long but mounted it to the inside of my propane cover. I like that only the display goes to sleep if there is no movement. We bring the display into the trailer at night and it becomes our outdoor thermometer. Just touch the display unit and you instantly have readouts on the tires. If you can get short enough metal valve stems onto your rims I would suggest the pass thru sensors.

On my 36ft class A I needed it just for the MH itself, the sensors arenโ€™t strong enough to transmit to the unit. My rear axle is only 25ft from the mounting location of the display unit.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
TST comes with a repeater. Don't know if I need it as the unit is not long but mounted it to the inside of my propane cover. I like that only the display goes to sleep if there is no movement. We bring the display into the trailer at night and it becomes our outdoor thermometer. Just touch the display unit and you instantly have readouts on the tires. If you can get short enough metal valve stems onto your rims I would suggest the pass thru sensors.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the systems come with a repeater that you wire into 12V. On a trailer you could put it in the front storage compartment and this would be perfect to transmit it to the display. Most of the systems being sold now come with the repeater.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
A booster(repeater) is included with the TST system according to this:
Booster

same with tire minder, booster mounts on the tongue,
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
A booster(repeater) is included with the TST system according to this:
Booster
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
I tow a 35' fifth-wheel with a long-bed crewcab. My TST sensors all reach the receiver. But before that I used a different brand (can't remember which one), and it needed a booster in the trailer.