cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tracker value

Ataylorlv
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a 1995 Geo tracker as a flat tow vehicle for my dad. It has about 140k miles, with 50k being towed. Owned by the same person for the last 8 years. Great shape. My question is the price. It comes with the blue ox equipment ready to go. The owner is asking 7500. I know the tow system is probably 1500 plus install, but the kbb value for private party is only around 2000. I have seen some decent ones at dealers for around 4500 without the tow system. What do you think it's worth?
15 REPLIES 15

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Here's one. Ready to tow too. There are probably more Suzukis in Yuma than anywhere in the world, at least in the winter.

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Chevrolet Sonic.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had a Geo Tracker-- it was a great toad. I'd say $2500 would be top $ for the one you are considering.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Those old trackers and the other 4wd flat towables seem to fetch more $ than they should be worth. Trackers are also popular for building crawlers out of.
But yeah, the owner is off by about 100% on his asking price imo.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Avoid braking system? EASY!
Get a restored early '70s Volkswagen Super Beetle. No automatic tranny available, but the clutch is light enough that bad knees can handle it. Fun to drive, easy to tow, towbar that installs without expensive base plates, light enough to be under the weight limit for TRAILER brakes.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

Ataylorlv
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input. I was hoping to find something light enough that a braking system may have been avoided. I am new to towing a vehicle behind a motorhome since I have a truck and trailer.

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
That price is way to high. I sold my 1994 Tracker a couple years ago for $3000 with the base plate. I towed it for one year before I sold it. Mine had a 3 speed automatic with no overdrive, so I could only highway cruise at about 55 to 60 mph because of high rpm's. I was slower than the trucks on the interstate.

I bought a 4-door 2005 Grand Vitara for about $4500. It is an automatic with overdrive so highway cruising is not a problem. It has all the power options including cold ac. It is a much more comfortable driving vehicle than the Tracker ever was.

Take the previous posters advice and look for a Grand Vitara as you will be much happier.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
A 95 with 140,000 miles plus 50,000 towed, offer the owner $2500 tops and tell him to call you when he comes to his senses. At $7500 he's living in a dream world.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Did you look at the link for the Grand Vitaras?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Ataylorlv
Explorer
Explorer
Manual not an option. His knees a pretty bad

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Twenty-five year old vehicle....hmmmm. I wouldnโ€™t have help my FIL with a like purchase.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
got to remember folks have gold everything while you dont. We looked at used and bought a new hyundai for just a little more when we got the mh. Got the base plates installed at camp world, the guy selling the rv gave all the towing stuff with it. Actually most of it can be found cheap on craigslist, so its just the base plates and install that hurts but still less than $1000. The hyundais and kias tow well as they have good wheel base and overall stance. 150hp with direct injection good mileage too. he can drive a standard right?

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
grand vitara

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I owned two of them. I paid $3,500 for one with the tow hitch installed. It had just under 45,000 miles. It was a 96 with auto tranny, AC and power windows.The other one had about 75k on it. I paid $3,000 for that one, with the hitch. AC, but no power accessories. 5 speed. They were both 4X4's too. Samurai is another option. They are lighter and tow exceptionally well. Finding one with AC is next to impossible.