Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TT Roof Treatment

Brockc
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All...
About a year and a half ago I treated my 2013 Salem Hemishpere TT with the Dicor, two-part roof sealing system. It looked great.
I did not cover it over the past winter and spring as I was using it where parked from time to time. However; I forgot about the problems that sitting underneath a tree for long periods can cause.
The roof is now stained pretty bad in some places, which is not a big deal to me.
The issue is that I am considering selling the unit and would like to have the roof looking nice before being placed on the market.
I really don't want to go thorugh the Dicor process again with wrapping the TT in plastic,etc...

Is there an effective, but simple product out there that would make my roof look great again while also serving as an effective sealant?
Any help or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I always maintained the roof and sealed any potential leaks before they happened. I applied Eternabond all the way around it back in 2005 or so. I also used Eternabond on any damaged areas (branch snags, etc.).

Hengs covers nicely, using a roller and/or brush. I put on three coats, using 2 gallons on my 18' roof. It sticks to the Eternabond just as well or maybe better than it does to the original rubber roof. I had one little spot that lifted on the rubber roof after I used Gorilla tape to temporarily secure something up there.

I'm very satisfied with it.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Can you put Heng's on with a roller? One coat, two coats??

And do you seal any potential leaks you might find before hand, or does the Heng's patch small leaks or tears as well?
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Somebody already mentioned Hengs. I will second it. It was simple to apply, reasonably inexpensive and has held well for over 3 years now. If I need to, I can always coat it again.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Brockc
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve already cleaned the roof. It’s as clean as it’s gonna get right now. I’m just looking for a simple sealer that will bond well to the existing roof. I just do t wo t to have to do all the Dicor process stuff.
There has to be a better solution than that.
Thanks

Brockc
Explorer
Explorer
Will the TSP bond well to the current roof?

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try TSP. I found it Home Depot. Couldn't believe how white the roof turned out. I hand scrubbed with a brush. Do plenty of rinsing.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Savogran-10621-1lb-TSP-All-Purpose-Heavy-Duty-Washing-Powder/39944538

EDIT: Fixed your link.

Brockc
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard quite a bit about the Henry's Tropi-Cool. Some seem to think its great, while others have concerns regarding the fact that it is a silicone product, therefore not allowing anything else to bond to it.
I looked into it and see that it is over $100 per gallon. Really looking for something to just brighten up the roof before selling.
Thanks

fyrflie
Explorer III
Explorer III
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
Yes, Henry's Tropical Cool roof coating. One and done for life.

X2 for Henry’s. Great stuff.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I’m a Heng’s fan too.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, Henry's Tropical Cool roof coating. One and done for life.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had good luck with Heng'ss if I spelled it right. There is a roof cleaner sold on Amazon that does a very good job: B.E.S.T. 55048 Rubber Roof Cleaner/Protectant - cleaned up tree stains and left a nice white surface.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper