cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weird things

Jackfate
Explorer
Explorer
Had the smoke detector or propane or battery alarm wake us up 2:30am . Battery in SD good , check. Check battery voltage 13.4 so check, get wife's blood hound nose to sniff around couldn't find anything & alarm never sounded again.

While filling fresh water tank noticed water dripping from where the gray/black levers exit the bottom of trailer. I collected a sample & found it to be fresh water. I have filled fresh tank 3 times since and no leaks ? Doesn't leak when hooked to city connection either. Looked at pump connections,water heater connections , under shower & both sinks , nothing found? Still under investigation .....
7 REPLIES 7

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Nobody here has a CO2 detector. I can all but guarantee that.

Propane and CO detector are usually one alarm, and dog farts will set it off. Ours is next to one of the spots our dog likes to sleep, so she usually triggers it at least once on every trip. It should be noted they need to be replaced every 7 years or so and they usually report their own demise by alarming unnecessarily so you may be getting close to needing a new one. That seven years is "after date of manufacture" not after installation.

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
Is it humid there? Condensation on a smoke detector can set it off, and condensation on outside of the fill hose (with cold water running through it) can drip off.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
If your water fill is via the city water connection, maybe the hose didn't seal well or was leaking a bit and the water was running down the side of the RV and dripping from the area you saw it. I suppose the same could also happen with a gravity fill port, but it seems a little less likely.

Was the air conditioner running? Is the fridge in that area? Maybe condensation from one of them.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
If my dog passes gas, my CO2 detector will alarm sometimes. And smoke alarm will sometimes go off when cooking something greasy. That's why we fix 99 percent of our meals outside.

Is it possible the water dripping is nothing more than condensation?

What are you feeding that poor dog?

Jackfate
Explorer
Explorer
No rain , traveled 300 miles prior to fresh water fill at dump station. Ran out continuously while filling 10-15 min . Just that one time . I will revisit the water heater area. I don't want to open up the underbelly ( clorapast?). I've looked inside at every place I could think of where there's any plumbing and it's dry with no evidence of leakage

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
If my dog passes gas, my CO2 detector will alarm sometimes. And smoke alarm will sometimes go off when cooking something greasy. That's why we fix 99 percent of our meals outside.

Is it possible the water dripping is nothing more than condensation?

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Did it rain at the time you spotted the water. I had that happen to me and the seal around the outside of the hot water tank was leaking. It drove me nuts until I ran water over the outside. Just a thought.
Dennis Hoppert