Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What are you reading?

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Let's share book ideas!

I'm currently reading Huckleberry Finn. Haven't read it since I was a kid and, no surprise, it's a lot more complex than I remembered :). And a good traveling book!

Also highly recommended, from my just-finished pile, Motoring with Mohammed. It's nothing about war -- it's a travelogue from the 80s, about Yemen. Beautifully written.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.
540 REPLIES 540

quoyfab
Explorer
Explorer
The Greatest Generation - Tom Brokaw.

KansasRV
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished rereading all the lord of the rings

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished The Journey of Crazy Horse: A Lakota History by Joseph M. Marshall III. On to William Tecumseh Sherman: In The Service of My Country: A Life, by James Lee McDonough.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Finished "as the crow flies" by Craig Johnson. Good Story Longmire's daughter weds.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

CopilotCompanio
Explorer
Explorer
May Sarton's "A Journal of A Solitude". My aging husband fell in the shower, broke his back & has been admitted to long-term care. I haven't picked up a book in a month but this seemed like an appropriate title? I'm not sure Ms. Sarton and I play for the same team but what does that matter? I should think the shock of sudden solitude is a universal condition?

Update: I abandoned this book at page 112. Maybe I'm still too distracted to read?

/CC
DH: Designated Curmudgeon
Lupรฉ the Rescue Dog: Self-appointed Tattletale
DW: Copilot & Companion
No offense intended. Sarcasm is my strong suit.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Big Burn" by Timothy Egan. The story of the 1910 fire that helped create the Forest Service.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Finished Another mans moccasins by Craig Johnson. Good fast moving book
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i

Blatz
Explorer
Explorer
Born To Run Bruce Springsteen. Very very interesting. It's written much like his songs are written

sele
Explorer
Explorer
Kit Carson wrote:
Just received Killing Of The Rising Sun for my birthday and will start it tonight.
good book hard to put down but what a tradgey still it seems the only way to win the war.
scott

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Cooper River william kent krueger this is the follow up book to Mercy Falls. I read it a couple years ago and when I read Mercy Falls I had to read it again. Good books superb author.
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i

Nolan
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished reading Gathering Prey by John Sandford. Non-stop action all the way through. Hard to put down. But then all his books are.

quoyfab
Explorer
Explorer
Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates - Brian Kilmeade and Don Yeager.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Playmates Robert parker. A fast book not bad
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
mercy falls william kent krueger. Good book with a follow up book. Great story teller.
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
CopilotCompanion wrote:
tomman58 wrote:
scandalous behavior Stewart Woods,a terrible book with little plot and no real mystery. Pathetic for Woods.

And yet, I'll make myself finish said books. I cannot abandon them, for some reason? Maybe I have a touch of OCD?

Only two books in life I've never finished: "Pilgrim's Progress" and "Beowulf". I'll try the "B" book again someday..........maybe.

Just finished re-re-reading Tolstoy's "War and Peace". Once every 15 years it seems like the thing to do.
Still entrances the mind.