Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What are you reading?

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Let's share book ideas!

I'm currently reading Huckleberry Finn. Haven't read it since I was a kid and, no surprise, it's a lot more complex than I remembered :). And a good traveling book!

Also highly recommended, from my just-finished pile, Motoring with Mohammed. It's nothing about war -- it's a travelogue from the 80s, about Yemen. Beautifully written.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.
540 REPLIES 540

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Death in the Devil's Acre, by Anne Perry.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Rough Beauty, Forty Seasons of Mountain Living, by Karen Auvinen. Really enjoying it.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
village of the ghost bears by Stan Jones. Not bad but not great does give reader an insight to the great white north.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

rickemo
Explorer
Explorer
His Excellency, George Washington.
Rick & Phy
2010 Jayco Melbourne 29D / 2016 Jeep Wrangler

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
The First Family by 1david Baldacci. Turned out to be a real well thought out book great plot and you are lost until late in the book
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Tvoy, it took me a bit of reading to get into Code Girls, but once I was in, it was riveting. I finished it last night and hated for it to end. When you get into it and they get to the part where they break the Japanese code and what they learn is used, it is so heat wrenching. I wanted our country to win of course, but then to know that so many people were losing their lives really caused me pain. Then, after Germany gave up, surrendered, Japan would not. They did not want their leader to step down, so then I read as the bombs were dropped on that country. It was killing, but that's what it took for the Japanese to surrender. I hope I didn't give away too much. I loved the book. Right now I am going to read a James Patterson book Witch & Wizard The Kiss by JP and Jill Dombrowski. And, I have the book after that lined up too. An oldie. Bruce Catton's The Army of the Potomac: A Stillness At Appomattox. BTW, I call my reading " Armchair adventures".
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
A Great Reckoning by Louise Penny. A very good addition to the series.
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Travel book on Charleston, SC.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

dcmac214
Explorer
Explorer
Just about to wrap up Anna Katharine Green's The Hasty Arrow, a murder mystery. Next up is Edgar Rice Burroughs' cowboy & Indian shoot-em-up The Deputy Sheriff of Comanche County. Both downloads from Project Gutenberg.

Kent999
Explorer
Explorer
Now I reading a very great book its called Martin Iden by Jack Londod. Its Awesome, but a little bit sad book

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Hey! I have Code Girls sitting on my shelf. Daughter got it for me for Christmas, I haven't picked it up yet.

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
I finished The Heart Of Everything That Is. The untold story of Red Cloud, An American Legend by Bob Drury and Tom Clavin. It was great, but very intense. I had to take a break from it and read a junk book. I think I felt so uptight over it because I am native American. I do have some German blood, but mostly Native. So, that book tore me in two different directions. I have just started Code Girls . the untold tory of the American Women Code Breakers of World War II. It is by Liza Mundy. So far, so good, but only 6 pages under my belt.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
"The Emerald Mile" the record setting unofficial trip down the Grand Canyon.
Kevin Fadarka

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Treasure of Darkness by S.W. Hubbard.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Just took a four-day trip down to the Everglades, and brought several John Steinbeck works with me ... amazing story teller.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic