cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What ever happened to RV Park Reviews?

Spade_Cooley
Explorer
Explorer
I can no longer find it. It was my go to site to check out RV Parks throughout the nation. It had a big map of the country on the home page. I get other sites that do not measure up.
28 REPLIES 28

DickOK
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with everyone that they have ruined a great site. Used to be a user friendly site and now is difficult to use. Have sent emails to them.
Dick OK

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
When I used to travel full time, I liked to read park reviews before heading to the next place. I forget which website I used, but I've learned that some poor reviews didn't necessarily mean a bad RV park. What may have been lacking for one reviewer didn't necessarily mean it would matter to someone else.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
I find the new RVPR a bit clunky to use but nothing to have a hissy fit over.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Recreation.Gov IS the pits. They managed to take a good site down to a virtually unusable quagmire. Unfortunately it is the only game in town for COE parks.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
bukhrn wrote:
The new Recreation.Gov site bothers me FAR more than the new Campground Reviews site, I absolutely hate it, like garmp said, it was like a comfy old pair of shoes, the new Rec.gov site is not comfy, and just doesn't fit at all. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Right you are!!!!!!!!!!!

That Recreation.Gov site is a disaster. Obviously their site programmer(s) are rejects from the real tech companies. Besides that, do the programmers ever hold user-group meetings for inputs BEFORE they make "improvements"?? :M
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
The new site works just fine for me. It's just different. Not hard to get around at all. Loads just fine for me.

It's certainly more graphical than it used to be. Try clearing your browser cache if it's not loading at a reasonable speed. Also try a different browser. Don't bother with Edge. Edge sucks.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
Strongly agree with many of the comments. The new site is a ABSOLUTE disaster. Have tried probably half a dozen times and have given up. Loading times and navigation are terrible..
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bird Freak wrote:
The old site was so much easier to use.
Way better before.
B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
I have emailed the site administrator about the myriad problems with the new web site. I find it largely unusable the way it is now. I've contributed 237 reviews and have always relied on the site when planning trips. I miss it. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Some one who's a contributor on that site should send them a link to this thread.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
bukhrn wrote:
The new Recreation.Gov site bothers me FAR more than the new Campground Reviews site, I absolutely hate it,

I couldn't agree more. They have turned a really nice trip planning site into a guessing game. It is horrific!!! Please return it back to it's functional self.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
The new Recreation.Gov site bothers me FAR more than the new Campground Reviews site, I absolutely hate it, like garmp said, it was like a comfy old pair of shoes, the new Rec.gov site is not comfy, and just doesn't fit at all. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nothing can will remain the same.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Agree with above. I will not be back to that website.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine