cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What's up with CGs?

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Made a reservation today and immediately got this email from the CG management, with a "Read Receipt Requested":
-----
No abusive, belligerent or loud activity will be allowed.
ANY AND ALL ILLEGAL DRUGS AND/OR SUBSTANCES ARE PROHIBITED. Abuse of this policy
will result in immediate eviction from the campground without refund and
involvement of the local authorities. Anyone causing a disturbance or creating
an unsafe environment will be asked to leave the campground, without a refund.

QUIET TIME IS FROM 10pm to 8am

1.) PARKING:
- ***NO PARKING IN GRASS, PLEASE STAY ON GRAVEL*** Always Enforced
- LIMITED PARKING SPACES - RIDE SHARING ENCOURAGED
- $10 per additional vehicle per night
- All vehicle owners without a vehicle pass posted on the rearview mirror will
be asked to leave without a refund
- If any vehicle does not fit on the GRAVEL PART at your site, use the LIMITED
overflow parking (See Map for Location of Overflow Parking)

2.) VISITORS:
- UPON THEIR ARRIVAL - ALL Visitors must fill out a guest registration and pick
up a vehicle pass from the office and must leave the campground by 10PM.
- $5/person per day (plus $10/extra per/vehicle per/night if staying the night)

- No more than 4 extra visitors and/or 2 extra vehicles assigned to your site
per day
- Visitors will be assigned to your site. Campsite hosts are responsible for
their visitors and the visitors' actions
- All vehicles must have vehicle pass visible on mirror. Without visible pass,
vehicle & owner of vehicle will be asked to leave, no refund given.

3.) FIREWOOD POLICY: IMPORTANT ! ! Always Enforced ! !
- DO NOT BRING ANY WOOD INTO THE PARK. IT IS PROHIBITED
(including pallets, saw mill pieces, etc) due to the ash bore, long horned
beetle or other
insects & infestation creating spreadable tree disease and damage.

!! NOTE: If you do bring in firewood, you will be asked to leave the park,
no refund given !!

- WE HAVE FIREWOOD BUNDLES AVAILABLE AT THE CAMPSTORE FRONT PORCH
(SELF SERVE) $6.00 per bundle.
- TEXT (xxx) xxx-xxxx, include your name, site # and how many bundles you will
be picking up. We add the bundles to your reservation, charge your card on the
day of departure for any remaining balance and send an itemized email receipt.
- Please do not move fire rings.
- Do not burn anything other than firewood or charcoal in fire pits.

4.) PETS:
- 2 WELL-BEHAVED PET MAXIMUM
- If pets are unruly or loud, we may ask you to remove them from the campground
- Must be leashed at all times
- Never left outside unattended
- Must pick up after pets and dispose of waste in proper trash receptacles.
- If children are walking pets, be sure the children know they must pick up
after pets too.
- Pets are not allowed in public buildings, gated pool area, or in the fishing
lake
- CHOWS, DOBERMANS, PIT BULLS, ROTTWEILERS (OR ANY MIX INCLUDING THOSE BREEDS)
are restricted.
Sorry in advance - No exceptions.

5.) BOATS/TRAILERS:
- Please find an alternative for bringing in boats or additional trailers of
any kind.
Our sites do not have space for more than 1 camping unit and 1 vehicle.

6.) CHILDREN under 18 must be supervised by parents/grandparents at all times,
in all public buildings, around the lake and at the pool.

7.) TRASH DISPOSAL:
- All trash must be taken to the dumpsters. Trash bags left on the site at
checkout may incur extra charges.
- You may also incur charges if our staff has to clean trash or cigarette butts
from your site or firepit.
- The dumpsters are noted on your site map in your check-in packet upon your
arrival.
- If a dumpster appears to be too full, please select a different dumpster so
the lids will close completely.
We greatly appreciate your help in maintaining a clean environment for all
campers.

8.) Any TENT will need its own reserved site. No site sharing.

9.) Outdoor Rugs:
- Outdoor rugs can be placed on gravel only. Be aware, this may take up part
of your seating area or parking area, thus having to park in overflow. Please
do not put outdoor rugs down in the grass.

10.) FIREARMS & SAFETY: FIREARMS, BB/PELLET/PAINTBALL GUNS, BOW & ARROWS,
FIREWORKS, AND/OR EXPLOSIVES ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE USED OR PRACTICED WITH
ANYWHERE ON THE PREMISES. HUNTING OF ANY KIND IS PROHIBITED.

11.) Please leave kiddie pools, GAS golf carts / motorized / battery-operated
/ remote-controlled / drivable toys & devices, scooters & hoover boards at home
due to potential safety hazards.

NO CANCELLATION REFUND DUE TO WEATHER.
- The first night of any Cancelled reservation is a nonrefundable deposit.
- ANY HOLIDAY or SPECIAL CAMPGROUND EVENT WEEKEND: ENTIRE AMOUNT IS
NONREFUNDABLE.
- However, if you contact us at least seven days prior to your reservation, we
can move the reservation 1x within the same season.

Information is subject to change without notice.

This email confirms your reservation. Please contact us if any corrections are
necessary.
------

Let me say that I have no issue at all complying with any of these rules, they just seem like common sense. These are common CG rules AFAIK.

I'm not sure if this is what CG owners are dealing with these days or if I'm going to hear banjos playing near my site after dark. At least 6 instances of "we will evict you with no refunds given" and not a single "thank you for your business"....

Am I headed to the redneck oasis or is this just the state of RVing in 2022?
55 REPLIES 55

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
There's a reason that there's a warning label on hair dryers to "not use in the bathtub"...because someone did!

Same with those rules, sadly.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
For years our online reservation system required a check box be marked that stated you had read and agreed to the pop up disclosure with the park rules. Did anybody actually read them I have no idea. It is my experience that most parks have rules readily available and accessible. Having them included with the confirmation makes total sense.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:
I agree with most above posters, they are just " covering their ARSE "

BUT.....

There are a ton of newbie campers since COVID hit and they couldn't wine and dine in their fancy hotel.. They HAVE NO CLUE that there is camping etiquette.
I was away this past 5 days and the family behind me was in a newer fifth wheel, perhaps 2 years old>?? They would walk their dogs all over everyone elses site, allow them to do their business inches from the tables. They would walk to the beach and cut threw 3-4 other sites to get there instead of using the path or road.. They were cleaning their old coffee pot ( the type that uses grinds not cups) and dumping the grinds in the grass behind their RV.. I said something, nicely and they blew me off... They clearly had no idea of any camping etiquette..

COVID! NEW CAMPER! COVID! NEW CAMPER! COVID! NEW CAMPER! MY DONKEY!
For a long time I thought it was just a few campers that thought rules should not apply. Then I worked as Campground host for a month each at 2 state parks. First park, every weekend, at least 1 group had to be reminded of the rules. The second park, every weekend do not expect to sleep.
The difference? 2nd park LEO would not respond, even in daytime. First park, the Ranger wanted people to enjoy the park, but not ruin it for others. Daytime, if he saw a violation, he would ask host over radio if had been warned. If not, he would tell us to check next time we go by, let him know to come back and write.
Noise after hours. 1st contact, he would ask if anybody sober enough to drive. Then is there anybody under 18 in the group. Then explain "This is supposed to be a easy job. I have found the best way to prevent a 3rd call out is when I get the 2nd, order transportation for adults, and protective service for the minors. You can likely get out of jail Monday, but often takes a few days to determine it is safe to return the kids"

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just made reservations at three different parks and got a welcome email with no rules. I suspect your particular park has had some difficulties in the past, and they're trying to weed you out before arrival.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
Owned parks for years. When dealing with the public you will quickly learn they will parse the English language to justify doing what they want to do. They say their dogs are poodle mixes when they are very obviously pit bulls and Rottweilers . Those 2x4s and pallets might be insect free but they are scraps from a demolition crew full of nails, with pieces of drywall and asphalt shingles still attached. The burning shingles provide the wonderful ambiance of dark black acrid smoke. The drywall doesnโ€™t burn at all and the nails eventually find their way into a tire or foot. Too many people have the mistaken belief if it doesnโ€™t say you canโ€™t do something it means you can.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
wapiticountry wrote:
I like it. They are managing expectations and heading off problems.
+1

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

I particularly love the dog rule, especially as it applies to mixed breeds. Be sure to have your dog's DNA test results handy so you can prove its lineage ๐Ÿ˜‰

How can you legally restrict certain breeds of dogs and mixed breeds? You either allow dogs or you don't. I get that dogs are considered property (except to people that own them) but it's pretty discriminatory. I don't have a dog in this fight (pardon the pun) but it's a weird clause.

If I were to read between the lines, it sounds like they had some issues with drugs and dog fighting.

Read the reviews on the CG. That will tell you what you need to know.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Says something about society when common sense behavior has to be enforced.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
mdcamping wrote:
I agree with everything mentioned, let me add one small Item. Check the REVIEWS on the campground, best way to find what is actually going on.

Mike

Speaking of which, is Woodall's no longer around? What is the go-to site now for finding campgrounds and reviews?

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Parks have had rules like this for decades. Doesn't mean much of anything beyond, they are are organized.

The only difference now is with the internet and email, it's easy to head off people claiming they didn't realize what the rules are.
- Back in the day, you made a phone call for a reservation and they were on a board in the office or you got a copy of the rules when you arrived...easy to claim you didn't agree or know about them when making the reservation.
- Now, they can point to your email receipt as proof they made you aware of the rules ahead of time.

I'd much rather deal with clear consistent rules. Just dealt with an idiot owner. He went on a rampage dropping F-bombs left and right to several campers about where they were parking (sites are small and you have to park away from your site). So I went into the office to get clarification on where it's OK to park. I grabbed the map of the park off the bulletin board so I wouldn't be confused by the answer. The map had several parking areas listed. I asked where can we park. He said in any of the parking areas.
- One parking area had been converted to tent camping sites and I know he had chewed out people for parking there.
- Another area had been converted to 4 new camp sites...obviously not going to park on someone.
- He got angry (dropped a few more F-bombs) and told us to park past the bathhouse on the left. I said, "fine but do you really want us parking on the septic field?"

Suffice it to say, we left the park and likely won't be back...again, I'd rather have clear rules that are applied consistently.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
My guess is that this is protection for the owners - liability issues. It's not hard to appreciate the need to 'spell it all out' in today's litigious society. Makes it easier to remove those who do not 'get it' - that campgrounds are supposed to be safe places for families to go to and enjoy!
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

Y-Guy
After reading that long list I'd say they are sick and tired of rude campers and getting bad reviews and being yelled at after kicking people out for not following even basic camping etiquette.

One of our regular CGs has always had pretty firm rules on pets and kids - to the point some get upset. I get a laugh out of those that complain online about their rules, which are clearly stated, but still people try to play like they didn't know the rules.

So the read receipt is their attempt to document you've been given, read and understand the rules - though it's not a very good way of doing it.

My only issue is that if they are having to make that big long list with ALL CAPS I'd think that CG has some massive problems going on and I'd probably avoid it just since I don't want the drama. I'm curious about your thoughts after your trip.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

I agree with most above posters, they are just " covering their ARSE "

BUT.....

There are a ton of newbie campers since COVID hit and they couldn't wine and dine in their fancy hotel.. They HAVE NO CLUE that there is camping etiquette.
I was away this past 5 days and the family behind me was in a newer fifth wheel, perhaps 2 years old>?? They would walk their dogs all over everyone elses site, allow them to do their business inches from the tables. They would walk to the beach and cut threw 3-4 other sites to get there instead of using the path or road.. They were cleaning their old coffee pot ( the type that uses grinds not cups) and dumping the grinds in the grass behind their RV.. I said something, nicely and they blew me off... They clearly had no idea of any camping etiquette..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Campgrounds are private property after all. Their house, their rules. Most of the regulations are common courtesy and somehow it seems that after these COVID lockdowns people have forgotten how to act in public. Don't like the rules? Don't go...that applies to everyone not just the OP who said they were supportive of the rules. Just because you rent a space does not mean you can do anything you want to.

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
BurbMan wrote:

Am I headed to the redneck oasis or is this just the state of RVing in 2022?

It sounds like they are trying hard to not be the redneck oasis. I'm thinking the park is under new ownership and they are trying to clean up a mess.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)