cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

where to find replacement trailer furniture?

solismaris
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, we want to upgrade our sofa. Would like something better than the original junk, and would like wall-hugging recliner if possible. The trouble is, nothing standard from Jordans and similar will fit through the door or window.

So are there any special RV-specific solutions? Good quality sofas that are disassemblable so they fit through narrow RV doors? I see lots of hits on Amazon but things there are not always as good as they seem!
David Kojen
8 REPLIES 8

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
Almost all backs come off recliners. Thats how they're shipped. Takes up less room that way.
As mentioned stay away from RV furniture and go to your local furniture store.
Where did you get your home furniture?

Ditto the above. EVERY recliner I have ever purchased for home or RV was in the two parts described above (including "wall-huggers").

Shop at a furniture store that specializes in recliners - or even COSTCO.

As far as the sofa - the backs (futon style - or hide-a-bed) backs are also removable. For hide-a-bed remove the mattress also due to the weight. An assistant helps for those.

Have taken all of the above in/out of standard RV entry doors.

:C

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Has anyone ever talked to an upholsterer about reworking their furniture?

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Almost all backs come off recliners. Thats how they're shipped. Takes up less room that way.
As mentioned stay away from RV furniture and go to your local furniture store.
Where did you get your home furniture?

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you don't mind spending the money, Lambright makes some of the best. We replaced our theater seats with a double reclining loveseat to match the Ekorness Stressless recliners we have where the sleeper sofa used to be. The loveseats are wall-hugging and fit perfectly with the Thomas Payne (think "Pain") theater seats were.

Lambright at Bradd & Hall

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Don't bother wit "RV" furniture. It isn't the same quality as regular home furniture. It may be a tad bit more heavy but it will hold up better under everyday use. The backs of most recliners come off so they will fit in the door usually. Take measurements and be sure of what you are buying will fit in. I've had La-Z-Boy and Best furniture I am still using after some 8 years.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Many recliners will disassemble and fit through the door. I purchased a basic recliner from your typical furniture store and it came apart and went through the door with ease.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a double recliner that came in three parts. One base and two backs. Not much help to you but they do exist.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
following this
I need a pair of recliners that will sit close to the wall to replace a sofa that is uncomfortable to sit on and has no leg rest. Recliner would be ideal it appears.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow