cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone use the RV park at Disney world

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer
I plan to be going to Disney world this June with my Class A motorhome. I want to camp it at their RV park. Has anyone stayed there. What doe's it cost. Is there other parks close by and do they have transportation to the park?
22 REPLIES 22

DavidP
Explorer
Explorer
Tvov wrote:
DavidP wrote:
castillo6 wrote:
Actually just got back from there yesterday. It is expensive as all things Disney IMO. I do agree with another poster about staying off grounds. I saw a sign that parking is now between $18-20 at the parks. I accidentally only booked until Saturday and called when I checked in and realized I had a Saturday check out instead of Sunday. They stated they put me on a waiting list and to call back Friday. When I called Friday they claimed they didn't know anything about a waiting list. I was transferred to several reps attempting to help...long story short we left on Saturday. My only other complaint is they only have one pool and it is packed all day long! The Disney transportation is a big plus to staying at one of their resorts.

There are two pools. The Meadows Pool which can be crowded especially this time of year. There is also the Wilderness Pool near the cabins that is never crowded. It is advertised as an adult pool since there are no lifeguards. It is very mellow.

We love the Fort, just got back. We have been going the last 6 years. Great way to kick off the RV season!

We stumbled upon that pool while 'looping' the campground. Kind of like a hidden gem! Unless they changed it recently, it doesn't have slides or anything like that, just a "normal" pool.

No slides or food service and very laid back. My kids prefer the Meadows. I do enjoy the margaritas they serve at the Meadows!

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
DavidP wrote:
castillo6 wrote:
Actually just got back from there yesterday. It is expensive as all things Disney IMO. I do agree with another poster about staying off grounds. I saw a sign that parking is now between $18-20 at the parks. I accidentally only booked until Saturday and called when I checked in and realized I had a Saturday check out instead of Sunday. They stated they put me on a waiting list and to call back Friday. When I called Friday they claimed they didn't know anything about a waiting list. I was transferred to several reps attempting to help...long story short we left on Saturday. My only other complaint is they only have one pool and it is packed all day long! The Disney transportation is a big plus to staying at one of their resorts.

There are two pools. The Meadows Pool which can be crowded especially this time of year. There is also the Wilderness Pool near the cabins that is never crowded. It is advertised as an adult pool since there are no lifeguards. It is very mellow.

We love the Fort, just got back. We have been going the last 6 years. Great way to kick off the RV season!

We stumbled upon that pool while 'looping' the campground. Kind of like a hidden gem! Unless they changed it recently, it doesn't have slides or anything like that, just a "normal" pool.

DavidP
Explorer
Explorer
castillo6 wrote:

Mopar_Mudder
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from their, stayed 7 nights. Back in 2007 we went to Disney and stayed at one of the motels. Now I am not saying that the campgrounds was bad, but we kind of felt like the black sheep of the family compared to staying in the hotel, the service was just not at the same level.

To start we prechecked in over the internet and got to the campgrounds about 10:00 at night. Now maybe it was the night crew but this guy didn't seem to have a clue. Took some time to get our paper work but he got us in.

Next day we went to the park, went to eat and our magic bands would not let us charge anything!! Evidently they were suppose to set that up when we checked in, and you can't do it in the park. By some fluke I forgot my credit card in my pocket or we would have been SOL on eating.

Then we bought something and had it shipped to our resort so we didn't have to carry it. Well we played phone tag across the two out post and main lobby to try and find out where it was to get it.

Modems for internet are great, and free to use. Go to take it back and the guy is shuffling through a stack of paper for 15 minutes trying to find my slip when I check it out, he never did find it.

As far as busing goes it does work, but figure an hour to get to any park. First you wait for the bus that runs around the campground to take you to the buss stop where you wait for the buss that takes you to the park. Also thought it was funny in Hollywood Studios ours was the only bus stop that did not have a covered roof over it, all other stops do.

Campground itself was clean and great, I would stay again. Just seems the service does not match the rest of the resorts.

Oh and good luck trying to buy a stamp to mail a post card.
2008 Dodge Dually Mega Cab - Resitol Edition
1999 Jayco Designer 3710

castillo6
Explorer
Explorer

jsikora
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed there. Yup costly but so is all of disney. Hoping to go back next year.
1998 Fleetwood Bounder 30
FORE SALE - 2006 Fleetwood Wilderness 5th Wheel
SOLD - 2010 F-350 PSD Lariet CC 4X4
2000 Jayco Pop Up...The Guest House

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to stay there for 6 nights and 5 days at the park. Can't wait to get there. Thanks everyone for taking your time to answer this posting.

cgflyer
Explorer
Explorer
As a disclaimer; I have 5 children so...Best campground in the country! We've stayed there over a dozen times, been all across the country and up to Alaska and back, nothing beats it.
If you add in the cost of parking at the parks(with a resort pass you get to park for free) or just take the bus or boat, you can go pool hopping to most of the other resorts for free, and all the great Disney amenities it turns into a good deal.
Combine the best group (RVer's) with the happiest place on earth and the best customer service and you can't miss. We've gone to Fort Wilderness just for the campground and the atmosphere without visiting any parks. Very relaxing. Once we went to plug into the power station and saw evidence of some burnt wiring; called the concierge and a repairman was on scene within minutes to completely rewire and back in service. They offered to let us move sites, but it would have taken longer than the repair.
On top of all this, there's a Camping World store about a ten minute drive out of the park.

MattFromPA
Explorer
Explorer
Have been four times, and just reserved for 2016. Our favorite campground by far. Just a great atmosphere, very relaxed compared to the Disney parks. Rates vary widely based on when you go: http://www.mousesavers.com/2015-ft-wilderness-campsites-rates-season-dates/

We try to hit the Value period which is pretty reasonable and actually cheaper than some of our local resort campgrounds. Holidays are pricey.

DaveNH603
Explorer
Explorer
We drove through it a couple of weeks ago when we were on vacation (not camping). We decided it was a place that we could stay. Clean, well laid out, not as crowded as many of the campgrounds we've seen at destination areas. Given the access and the facilities we didn't think it was unreasonably priced....it is Disney.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've stayed there. Name of the place was Fort Wilderness. Stayed in a rental trailer on the property (might be called a park model today). Cost me about 1/3 more than staying in a 3-star hotel justvoff property two years later. For access to Magic Kingdom, access by ferry across the pond was better than bus from the hotels. For other locations un WDW, you will be taking bus from the transportation center either way.

We found the campfire program nice. View on Magic Kingdom fireworks show from campground was also nice. After hours access to Magic Kingdom was really nice.

About the only thing that could beat Fort Wilderness would be hotel in Polynesian Village.

It is a "get what you pay for" issue, like staying in a midtown hotel between Central Park and Times Square, vs a Ramada or Holiday Inn in Newark. But if you've not visited NYC, that probably doesn't mean anything.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

twainharteartis
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you so much everyone you all have been so helpful. RVers are the greatest people. This is my first long trip.

Sprink-Fitter
Explorer
Explorer
edbehnke wrote:
stayed there. expensive. clean and nice. no wifi. found it was easier to just drive to the differnt places didn't really use buses.

google them for costs.

You said the same thing 7 minutes ago.
2006 Coachman Adrenaline 228FB

2012 Can Am Commander XT 1000

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wouldn't really say it is expensive, at first glance, yes it is pricey. We stayed there last Oct. for a week, total cost, just under $800. If you stay outside the park, you're going to spend $50+ a night. Can spend as much as an hour or more on the road traveling to the parks. Parking is going to be $15-$20 a day. Then you get to drive home. While there, I never started the truck, we bicycled to the main bus terminal or boat dock. By the time you figure the cost of fuel to drive, the parking, and the time to travel and ride the shuttles, I think it is very economical to stay at the park.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore