cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1997 Winnebago Electric Stairs - No Power

Russ-Brave
Explorer
Explorer
1997 Winnebago BRAVE WCF31RQ - Kwikee Electric 28 Series original install Electric Steps.

I have No Power coming to any wire from the coach to the steps.
Their should be 3 different measurable power signals from different sources to the connector and there are none

All the breakers that I can find under dash and at RV panel test fine with a light. I cannot trace back the wire bundle as it appears to cross over the RV above the frame possibly inside the coach.

I think there may be a wire bundle connection that came loose.

My questionโ€ฆ Does anyone know where the power splice is made between the purple coach power wires and the kwikee connector shown in the Winnebago wiring diagram?? I suspect their may be a loose connection.

Before I rewire a new power source to the stairs, I would like to attempt to fix the stock original factory wiring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Russ
5 REPLIES 5

fourthclassC
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy,
I believe the steps are powered in when the ignition is switched on. Regardless of the on/off switch position. May be an issue there.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
see if one of the spades on the power side of the connector are bad stab the wire about three inchs before the connector.

Russ-Brave
Explorer
Explorer
Sincerely- Thanks for all the ideas.

Yes, checked all the fuses(not breakers) with test light on both ends.
Downloaded wire diagrams and trying to find which of the many purple wires is the right one.

Still not certain which fuse actually is supposed to give main power feed to controller. Since I have power at the box but nothing at the 4 prong connector.

Hot wired motor and both motor and controller and door switches work perfect.

I know that if I canโ€™t find the problem, I can just run a new direct power source but just trying to find the real problem and fix it correctly

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
it says breakers but I know you meant fuses. some times a fuse becomes oxidized pull the one for steps and clean. might hot wire the motor just to make sure its good.

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Go to this Winnebago website and download your wiring diagrams.wiring diagrams