cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AA and AAA Rechargeable Batteries

hedgehopper
Explorer
Explorer
Where do you buy AA and AAA Rechargeable Batteries? I looked on Amazon and found a bunch of poorly rated batteries, some of which were expensive. I didn't see any that I wanted to buy. There was talk about counterfeits from China. Where do you buy good quality AA and AAA rechargeable batteries for a reasonable price?

Note added 8-22: What is a fair price for quality AA and AAA rechargeables?
14 REPLIES 14

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:
Idk what your uses are for AA and AAA batteries that would make sense to keep up with the logistics of rechargeable ones.
Only things I can think of in recent years that used batteries at the rate of maybe making sense and cents is the kids video game controllers when they were younger and headlamps on the job.
Logistically maybe the first thing made sense. The second one not so much.

I have a bunch of motion sensor lights in dark cloests in the house that use AAA. I also use the lights in the camper in the pantry and wardrobes.

Wife has a mirror with a light that she uses at home and when we travel. Uses batteries on the road.

Also have white buckets which I drop LED lights into for lighting when camping with grandkids.

I typically buy 2 packs each of AAs and of AAAs Amazon Basic batteries a year.

I had recharables back in the 90s I got from Radio Shack that were ****. I have been scared of them since.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
I use Panasonic Eneloop batteries, I have a bunch of them in AA and AAA. They don't seem to go bad. some I have are 15+ years old. I fairly recently bought a set of lithium AA that were rated 50% more power than the Eneloops and don't last as long, I would guess 70% as long, at least in low current draw applications. All were bought from Amazon just because it was easy. I have had several chargers, by a good one that can charge at least 4 cells individually because some times you only need to charge 1 or 3.

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
SoonDockin wrote:
I also use a lot of eneloops. But some things dislike the 1.2 volts vs the standard 1.5 on alkaline.

Pale Blue Lithium AA/AAA rechargeable are nice as well, but as you point out some devices don't like the slightly lower voltage. They're available on Amazon. One thing I really like about them is they have a USB-C port built into the battery, so no more hunting for the special recharge device to recharge them. Just plug in any old USB-C charge cable directly to the battery. The battery also has a charge light that shows when the battery is fully recharged.

MrWizard
Enelope, lemar,, EBL
Had bad luck with the Amazon basic cells
My primary use is in flashlights, work lights, lanterns, head lamps,
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
I also use a lot of eneloops. But some things dislike the 1.2 volts vs the standard 1.5 on alkaline.
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
Eneloops here also. I don't understand what "logistics" are needed to charge discharged batteries then put them in the tote for use when needed. They hold a charge very well.

We haven't bought any throw away AAA or AA batteries in years.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Flyfasteddie
Explorer
Explorer
I've tried every brand going back about 20 years and Eneloops are my favorite. If you get them from Amazon just be sure they are shipped and sold by Amazon and not a third party, that way you are unlikely to get counterfeits. I have at least 50 of them going back as far as 10 years and none of them have gone bad. I got some from Costco, but most from Amazon.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Idk what your uses are for AA and AAA batteries that would make sense to keep up with the logistics of rechargeable ones.
Only things I can think of in recent years that used batteries at the rate of maybe making sense and cents is the kids video game controllers when they were younger and headlamps on the job.
Logistically maybe the first thing made sense. The second one not so much.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Y-Guy
I've stuck with Panasonic eneloop batteries and chargers, only had one bad battery in some 15 years.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon Basics in both regular and high capacity come highly recommended with a 4.5 rating and 100k+ reviews.

I use Amazon Basic alkaline batteries and have been happy with them.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart. Should find one every 50 miles or so. Costco has large packs we stock up on at home. Then take a hand full with us when camping.
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

Itinerant1
Explorer
Explorer
I just use the rechargeable Energizer AA & AAA got them at Wally World. I've had them for years now. I only use rechargeable in everything that takes these batteries, computer mouse, wall clock, flashlights, thermometers, walkie-talkies.

Originally I was using the 4 place charger that came with these but it charged them so fast it was cooking the batteries and shortening their cycles so switched to this charger that does many different sizes plus adjust the charging input.

Zanflare C4 LCD Display Speedy Universal Smart Battery Charger,Battery Capacity Analyzer for Rechargeable Batteries.
12v 500ah, 20 cells_ 4s5p (GBS LFMP battery system). 8 CTI 160 watt panels (1,280 watts)2s4p,Panels mounted flat. Magnum PT100 SCC, Magnum 3012 hybrid inverter, ME-ARC 50. Installed 4/2016 been on 24/7/365, daily 35-45% DOD 2,500+ partial cycles.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Batteries Plus is where I usually go but you can get Eveready or other brands dang near everywhere.. IE: Kroger family of stores.. Wal*Mart.. Your favorite Big Box home improvement store (lowes, home Depot, Mennards) your local hardware.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, I bought Duracells from Amazon, E-bay, and Costco. They work very well so far. I bought a nice charger, with batteries, from E-bay and the Green batteries were junk. Only Duracell for me.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400