cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bigfoot Happijac - No Independent Control On Left Side

LSXGMC
Explorer
Explorer
I've been having an issue with the jacks on my 2002 Bigfoot 2500c9.5 for about 3 years now. The first little while the issue seemed a bit inconsistent, but I also have not used it a lot. I've gotten a bit better handle on what it is doing, but I'm baffled as to why it is doing it. To my knowledge this is an original wired system. 4500 jacks up front, 4100 on the rear. Board part number shows 600 545E.

The main issue is I do not have any independent control of the left jacks. They will occasionally work independently, only once, right after I turn off the battery. I tried it again today and documented what I did:

-Left rear, raise button worked twice. Lower worked once. From there I lost independent control of that jack.
-Tried left front, no control.
-Tried raise camper with all 4 jacks, it worked.
-Tried to lower with all 4, it continued to raise the camper. WTF?
-Started right rear, held button and then held left rear. Left rear works both up and down in conjunction with the right jack. Did the same for the front with the same response.
-Tried raising with all 4 again, it worked.
-Tried lowering with all 4, no response at all.

When I'm trying to operate the left jacks independently there is no click at the circuit board, which under normal circumstances I would assume means a remote issue. But the buttons themselves obviously work or I would not be able to use the left side at all. Is there anything simple I am overlooking? With this wired system being obsolete would I be correct in that the only way to rectify this issue would be upgrading to the new wireless control system?
0 REPLIES 0