cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camper mods and things

Campingfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
After adding a great number of LED lights (strobes,rope lights,and a disco ball) and an extremely loud sound system, I keep tripping breakers. I have decided to add an open frame generator to the rear bumper of the camper to carry the new electrical demands. How should I attach the generator ? Directly to the bumper or to a frame mounted hitch?
I tried to hit several of the forum hot buttons with my above missive. :B

Hope everyone has a fun and safe 2019 camping season, ours starts in about a month when the local campgrounds open.
20 REPLIES 20

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Hey, don't forget you're gonna need lots of fresh-cut firewood for that massive smoky campfire, so be sure to bring a couple chainsaws to cut down the trees for that firewood. Heck, to get that fire big enough, you really need to clear the entire campsite. Wouldn't want to light the entire woods on fire, or at least not close enough to your rig to singe the paint. One chainsaw isn't enough. You'll want to turn Bubba loose with the second one to make sure you got enough firewood. A 40 foot tall pile in the fire pit takes a lot of wood.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:
Campingfarmer wrote:
After adding a great number of LED lights (strobes,rope lights,and a disco ball) and an extremely loud sound system, I keep tripping breakers. I have decided to add an open frame generator to the rear bumper of the camper to carry the new electrical demands. How should I attach the generator ? Directly to the bumper or to a frame mounted hitch?

Hope everyone has a fun and safe 2019 camping season, ours starts in about a month when the local campgrounds open.

Why?? Go to a disco and leave the camping, no one wants that **** around a camp.

Speak for yourself..

OF COURSE WE DO !!

One poster's **** is another poster's entertainment.

Supply lots of home brew pliz, and 15 min fireworks show no earlier than one AM.

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Add a big loud dog and some little yappy ones. Burn some plastic in the campfire. Don't forget to leave shell casings and cans of Copenhagen at the campsite when you leave . . . .

Wait. This is a joke! Well done! You had me going for a minute.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Wild_Bill_888
Explorer
Explorer
Don't forget to wire for a flood light.

Flood lights are for sissies. Look for a salvage light house beacon, about 10kw. That will keep the plugs clean on your contractor generator. Then spin it up to about 180 RPM.

You will soon identify all the epileptics in the campground, and all the seriel killers.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
You're in the wrong part of Kentucky for that setup, CampingFarmer. You need to be in the midst of the mountains of Eastern Kentucky for that. Add about a dozen wild kids and you are set! :E

On a serious note, with the weather we have been having this week, it's got me itching to get in the RV for at least a night or two. As soon as our campgrounds open on 03-01, we will be heading somewhere.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
You forgot a siren that goes off when it's time for shots all around?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Campingfarmer wrote:
I have decided to add an open frame generator to the rear bumper of the camper to carry the new electrical demands.

Remove the muffler. The generator will run cooler. ๐Ÿ˜‰

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
I think you should mount the China Diesel Contractor Generator on the rear bumper.

That way you can carry your straight pipe Harleys on the front bumper on a rack.

With that disco setup you can invite all your buddies in their orange and black Harley costumes up to party untill dawn.

Of course you'll need to sneak in some drugs too. Coffee just isn't enough to go all night.

reppoc12
Explorer
Explorer
Great job, I think you only need to add alcohol, explosives, and maybe a pole for dancing.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lucky You! Our camping season is still 3 months away.

Campingfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder is correct, just messing around, that's why I chose ATC.

Started to also mention how I like to ignore payload ratings and take as long as I want to at the dump station, but didn't want to put anyone into a tizzy.

Lighten up folks, it's almost camping season (at least for those of us with "3 season" campers)

Take care

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
Don't forget to wire for a flood light. You'll need that to safely cut through your neighbor's campsite on your way to the bathhouse.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I hope you got a 1000 watt sound system so you can hear it over the generator. :B

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Campingfarmer wrote:

Why?? Go to a disco and leave the camping, no one wants that **** around a camp.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold