cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CCC2 Thermostat Question

deepdoc1
Explorer
Explorer
Just got new Penguin 2 Heat pump and CCC2 thermostat installed and having a learning curve moment. I'm currently driveway camping and not plugged in. When I tried to turn on just the furnace, the heat pump also came on. I tried to change modes to furnace only, but heat pump still comes on. That will kill my batteries in short order, so how can I get the furnace to come on by itself? I checked the manual, but all it refers to is the default aux heat mode of heat pump then furnace. Any help?
Jim, Val & Georgie

• 2006 Bigfoot 40MH32ST
  • 2008 Buick Enclave toad
6 REPLIES 6

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
deepdoc1 wrote:
Ok, that seemed to work. Fan spped was Med, so set it to auto and overhead fan turned off, leaving furnace on as desired. Thanks!

It is ALWAYS amazing what you could learn, IF YOU JUST READ THE OPERATORS MANUAL, for the various appliances in your RV:B Doug

deepdoc1
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, that seemed to work. Fan spped was Med, so set it to auto and overhead fan turned off, leaving furnace on as desired. Thanks!
Jim, Val & Georgie

• 2006 Bigfoot 40MH32ST

deepdoc1
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I got the 2000 watt inverter installed in Quartzsite and it runs the whole coach. I am quickly learning to leave things like the AC, water heater (AC), and microwave off when not hooked up. I am open to having a sub panel put in if I can't make myself behave.
Jim, Val & Georgie

• 2006 Bigfoot 40MH32ST

deepdoc1
Explorer
Explorer
Good catch! I just ass-u-me-ed it was the heat pump, but it very likely was just the fan. So, if I get the idea, I should have the thermostat in furnace mode and the fan in auto and that should allow the furnace to come on by itself?
Jim, Val & Georgie

• 2006 Bigfoot 40MH32ST

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure the fan mode is set to auto, otherwise the blower will run even when FURN is selected, I believe.
Interesting that your rooftop heat pump is wired through the inverter though- not usually done that way.
-- Chris Bryant

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Are you sure it is the heat pump and not just the A/C fan? It is a well known problem with the CCC2 (actually documented in the manual at one time) that the Fan should be set to "Auto". Any other speed causes the A/C unit fan to run
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line