cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Champion 2500-Watt Dual Fuel Inverter Generator

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon has the Champion 2500-Watt Dual Fuel Inverter Generator on sale for $414.42.

Link: Champion 2500 watt inverter generator
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN
14 REPLIES 14

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Love these conversationsโ€ฆ.everyone always gets so defensive, lol.
Buy what you want. Some people buy clothes at Walmart because that is their budget, or theyโ€™re cheap or they donโ€™t know the difference. Some donโ€™t.
Just like generatorsโ€ฆ.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
BarabooBob wrote:
Bobbo wrote:
We were boondocking recently next to a guy who had a Champion generator. Couldn't hear myself think when he had it running.

Was this an open frame generator or an inverter. I have two 2000 watt inverter units and they are both very quiet. I combine them when I need to run high power stuff but most of the time we run one of them in eco mode. That is enough to charge my TT batteries after running the furnace all night.

To tell you the truth, I didn't notice. All that I noticed was that they were Champion.

There's a big difference between a Champion inverter generator and a Champion open frame contractor-style generator.
If your neighbor had a Honda open frame contractor-style generator, would you also say that Hondas are loud?

As opposed to Honda and Yamaha, Champion has paid attention to the needs of RVers, by providing a huge variety of quiet inverter generators, including dual fuel.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have an open frame non inverter Champion generator dual fuel 3400 I think. It's great. Not really that loud. I also have a Honda 2000i and when it is working in high mode, it is as loud or louder than the Champion, when it kicks down, it is not as loud. On a recent trip, we used the Honda because we did not need AC, my kids and wife all asked why we didn't bring the Champion because they thought the Honda was louder.

But, to the OP question, I think the Champion is a good unit and have no issues with it service wise. I have only run it on propane.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bobbo wrote:
BarabooBob wrote:
Bobbo wrote:
We were boondocking recently next to a guy who had a Champion generator. Couldn't hear myself think when he had it running.

Was this an open frame generator or an inverter. I have two 2000 watt inverter units and they are both very quiet. I combine them when I need to run high power stuff but most of the time we run one of them in eco mode. That is enough to charge my TT batteries after running the furnace all night.

To tell you the truth, I didn't notice. All that I noticed was that they were Champion.

Had to have been an open frame, Champion inverter genny's are not loud.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
BarabooBob wrote:
Bobbo wrote:

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bobbo wrote:

Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I'm very pleased with my Champion 3400, with remote start. It's been excellent for years now. It's light years better that the Yamaha it replaced. Alcohol free gas and stabil keep it running smooth with no needed draining.

If I needed a gen, I would seriously look at that sale. Thanks!
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use propane its now 23years old ,starts every time. never had a problem.

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
corvettekent wrote:
I bought a Champion generator from Costco and it leaked fuel all over the floor. I could not stop it from leaking, so I returned it and bought a used Honda 2000i for less than the cost of this one. You buy cheap you get cheap.

Sure, bad luck for you I guess. I also have a 3100 Champion inverter that I bought in 2018 that's been fine, but I got tired of storing gas while on the road, and also dealing with the weight. Two of these combined is less than that one. I plan on using propane only.
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
corvettekent wrote:
I bought a Champion generator from Costco and it leaked fuel all over the floor. I could not stop it from leaking, so I returned it and bought a used Honda 2000i for less than the cost of this one. You buy cheap you get cheap.

"You buy cheap you get cheap." :B

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
That's a very good deal. In April I bought 2 of those exact same models on sale from a regional store here called Blaine's Farm and Fleet for $399 each. At the time, it was the best deal in the country.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights