cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Check Valve NPT & Shurflo Pump is NPS

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
Fresh water tank fills when I am on city water, so I was trying to install a Camco check valve, but the threading on the Shureflo is NPSm and the threading on the Camco is MPT & FPT. The brass check valve chewed up the plastic threading on the Shureflo. I even bought a Valterra check valve but it is the same. Any thoughts on what I can do? One solution is to buy a sharkbite check valve and cut the line to install it. Thanks.
Update! So in my research I found out you cannot use Sharkbite on braided nylon hose, so that is not a solution.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B
5 REPLIES 5

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
They make nps to npt adapters
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
If the Hooshing back flow preventer does not fit, then my next option is to cut the 3/4 inch OD, 1/2 inch ID nylon braided hose and use 2 brass barb fittings, 1 male & 1 female. They are both NPT so they should fit the Camco 23303.

agesilaus, I was just 1 minute behind you. Thanks, great minds think alike!
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just go to a hardware store with the valve and get a male (MPT) nipple. They will have a selection of lengths and sizes. Cost a couple of bucks, they will have plastic and steel, and maybe brass to pick from. If you need a male to female, they will have a selection of those couplings too. Get a roll of Teflon tape and tape the threads.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

RckyMtnVia
Explorer
Explorer
Richard,
I plan to do that, but the pump could still fail again. The back flow valve is more permanent. I found a Hooshing back flow preventer that is NPS and have ordered that, so I shall report back if it is a better fit. Thanks.
2022 Forester MBS 2401B

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Put a new valve/diaphragm kit in the pump. Replace the pump.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson