cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coach step inc issues

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. I have a 2007 Georgetown. Then steps will make a loud clicking sound and hesitate to go up. If I help steps it works. I crawled under and looks like gear teeth are worn. The steps part is 725 0023. Can I buy just the gear?
11 REPLIES 11

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
This link shows what the recall part looks like. Doug

https://store.lci1.com/double-coach-step-recall-parts-kit-389761.html

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
jmharris70 wrote:
i have the exact same issue with my 2007 GT. Did the gear that was in the link above work for you. I too was told that i had to replace entire step assembly.

You were told that by an incompetant Repair person. LCI(Coach step) parts are available from LCI. This thread was from last June 2021. There may be a parts supply problem now. Remember, THERE IS A RECALL FOR THOSE OLDER COACH STEPS. Doug

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2015/RCMN-15V798-6319.pdf

jmharris70
Explorer
Explorer
i have the exact same issue with my 2007 GT. Did the gear that was in the link above work for you. I too was told that i had to replace entire step assembly.

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Doug, you’re awesome!! They just wanted me to drop grand and a half on some steps!

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all. Dealer can’t find the “ fan “ gear for a 3 step. New kwikee is 1100 plus few hours for install. Sigh. Gonna keep looking at options. Thinking about removing bottom step since it always hits the ground. Probably what broke it. Also clean up the gear a little with a grinder.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
I call that gear a "pie" gear. It is available from both LCI and E trailer. BUT!!!!!!! Have you had the recall done? It IS needed. This does not involve your current problem. Doug

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2015/RCMN-15V798-6319.pdf

PS This recall is for ALL LCI Coachsteps, not just FR

William_Willard
Explorer
Explorer
Coach Step was purchased by Kwikee -- Go to etrailer.com -- They will have the part you need --

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
Not doubting you but how can you see the teeth? I just had somewhat the same problem with my kwickee step. There are four bolts that hold the whole motor assembly to a metal plate, that is attached to the underside of the coach. On my step the four bolts had sheared off, and the motor was not being held on to the metal plate. You may have somewhat the same problem. Maybe not all four but enough to cause the action of the motor and its arm to not fully retract the step. The bolts were brass and I replaced them with metric #6 stainless steel bolts. Once completed the steps work as good as new.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

MrWizard
Don't know about "Coach Inc" brand
But Amazon and eBay have parts for various the kwickee step models a from lippert, Motors ,gears etc.
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I would think so. Call step manufacture and order the parts.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer