cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish portable dish.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
If one buys a portable dish from Dish, do they set it up for you?
Already have a in motion on the MH roof (Winegard) cannot get it to work. Thinking on a new portable. Don't want to spend that kind of $$ and it not work for some reason.
Or, where/who could make the present one work? I have the Wally receiver.
The rooftop was previously Direct. I changed the dip switches to fit the DIsh requirements
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow
10 REPLIES 10

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Horsedoc wrote:
lryrob9301 wrote:
If you have a 2016 coach then the Winegard antenna should work with DISH Network.
What type of DISH receiver are you using? If it is a Wally has the firmware been updated to the latest version? When the receiver is hooked up to the antenna do you get anything on the TV screen?

I just take the Wally receiver from the bedroom and put it in the MH. Guy from Dish said to do that if we were not fulltiming now.

As usual the guy from DISH doesn't know **** about RV applications. When you hook up the Wally in the RV do you see the menu screen on the TV? If so do a factory reset, then try to get it to receive through the Winegard antenna.

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
lryrob9301 wrote:
If you have a 2016 coach then the Winegard antenna should work with DISH Network.
What type of DISH receiver are you using? If it is a Wally has the firmware been updated to the latest version? When the receiver is hooked up to the antenna do you get anything on the TV screen?

I just take the Wally receiver from the bedroom and put it in the MH. Guy from Dish said to do that if we were not fulltiming now.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
Blue Ox tow

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
As far as the in motion goes, I found out after hours of diagnosing that you cannot run them through a splitter! I removed the splitter from mine and it works great.

As far as setting it up. Very easy, just purchase the automatic version and it will find the satellite on its own.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
The Winegard TV Signal Finder app is very good to see if you have a clear view of the satellites. Takes a lot of the guess work out.
2021 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 5.6L V8 4WD - 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHS

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer

I purchased a Pathway X2 as my first Dish antenna.. It was NOT updated and I played heck getting it to work... It took several calls and several hours to their Dish For My RV department to get my issue resolved.

Once resolved, it works awesome ! I upgraded to the Dish Travl'er roof top2 years ago and gifted the Pathway X2 to my bro in law, he loves it!
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
lryrob9301 wrote:
Since you have a 2008 model coach the Winegard antenna is not set up to receive the latest DISH Network 8PSK transmission coding and cannot be updated. A new portable will work, I would recommend the Winegard Pathway X2. It is the only portable antenna that can receive both DISH Network western arc and eastern arc satellites.

Actually the info on profile is wrong. The current coach is a Newmar gasser 2016 Handicap 3911
I don't know how to change the info
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
Blue Ox tow

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Since you have a 2008 model coach the Winegard antenna is not set up to receive the latest DISH Network 8PSK transmission coding and cannot be updated. A new portable will work, I would recommend the Winegard Pathway X2. It is the only portable antenna that can receive both DISH Network western arc and eastern arc satellites.

madjack60
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a dish playmaker from Amazon and a roof mount kit for right at $300+. Mounting is simple and it sets itself up. Just make the call to register it and you are on your way.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on the age and model of your in-motion dish, it may not work with the format changes Dish made several years ago. If you're considering buying one of the portable self-aiming "dome" dishes, the instructions that come with them are quite good at walking you through the initial setup. After that it's just a matter of placing the dish in a location with a clear view of the sky in the direction of the satellite arc(s) your dish supports. The Winegard Pathway X2 would be my first choice since it fully supports both satellite sets for maximum aiming opportunities.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate