cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dodge diesel p/u fire

rvbill123
Explorer
Explorer
My 2012 2500 p/u burned up 9/14. The engine compartment was on fire. I was on a forest service road 2 miles from camp ground. This was going to be a ELK hunting trip. I was towing my toyhauler, it didn't burn. The truck was a total loss! The truck had 11,000 miles on it. A month later I got a safety recall letter notice from Chrysler stating the RAM trucks with 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel . The fuel heater could start an engine fire, they said their inspector said in was not a manufacturing defect.. My truck was still under warranty.. The only one that paid was my insurance, minus $500 deductible. so beware...
9 REPLIES 9

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
If there was a recall, your insurance company may very well go after Chrysler to recover funds. Especially if they have more than 1 claim with the same thing happening.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
That had had to be painful. The hassle of getting your toy hauler out, doing without your truck then dealing with the hassles. I thought comprehensive loss was 100%? Covered?

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
A Warranty is only as good as the seller / company that makes it.
Seems Chrysler has let you down. Sorry for the loss..
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
rvbill123 wrote:
... A month later I got a safety recall letter notice from Chrysler stating the RAM trucks with 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel . The fuel heater could start an engine fire, they said their inspector said in was not a manufacturing defect.....

NOT a manufacturing defect :h Are they saying they engineered it to start a fire :?

I wonder what the reaction would be if you brought in the recall notice AND the burned up truck?
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

westend
Explorer
Explorer
NHTSA- File a Complaint Button #2 choice-"Was there a fire".
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

micpib1
Explorer
Explorer
I received a recall notice for my 2014 Ram and took it to my local dealer. I was told that Chrysler had not come up with a "fix" and I would be notified when they do???? JH

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
No, I think that particular recall was just for your vintage - mines too old ๐Ÿ˜ž
Doesn't seem right that the ins co has to pick up the tab does it. Ram should pay but I doubt they'll even be contacted.

rvbill123
Explorer
Explorer
I see you have a Dodge? Did you get a recall?

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like one good recall to get done.