Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic Furnace Temperature Range

avarusbrightfyr
Explorer
Explorer
Hello!

I have the three button touch screen Dometic controller for my A/C and furnace, and I'm curious to know if there is a way to adjust the temperature range for when the unit turns on. At the moment, there is a noticeable drop in temperature before the furnace kicks on to bring the trailer back up to the specified temperature. I'd rather the furnace turn on more frequently for shorter intervals to keep the trailer closer to the specified temperature. Is it possible to narrow the range that triggers the furnace?

Thanks!
2019 34' Minnie Plus Travel Trailer
San Diego, CA
3 REPLIES 3

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
AS you have found out, The D is just 1 to 2 degrees. NOT what you actually want. Other than the D setting the tstat cannot do what you want it to do. The only other way is to remount the Complete tstat in a different location, that more accurately senses the inside temp. Doug

avarusbrightfyr
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm, funny thing is I think I accidentally adjusted that when I was playing around with it. I did see a D1 and a D2 come up while I was trying different button combinations. Afterward, I've noticed that the controller clicks on and off over and over for a while before turning the furnace on. I think I'll try putting it back to D2 and see if that fixes the issue. It seems to me that it's waiting for more than 2 degrees before turning the furnace on, because I end up having to put on another layer for a bit before the controller turns on. I'd rather live with that though than the obnoxious clicking, assuming it's because the D1 setting is too narrow.
2019 34' Minnie Plus Travel Trailer
San Diego, CA

ChuckSteed
Explorer
Explorer
Page 8 of this link to manual tells you how to change the differential setting

https://www.forestriverinc.com/brochures/0000/0000ThermostatSingleDometicManual.pdf