cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic Refer Too Cold

slomark
Explorer
Explorer
A six year old, three way, model 2652 is too cold. -5 in the freezer, 28 on the top shelf and 30 degrees on the bottom shelf, these temps are regardless of the position of the thermistor on the cooling fin. The thermistor has been replaced and it made no difference.

What's next???
'09 Heartland Sundance 285bh, '08 CTD
7 REPLIES 7

slomark
Explorer
Explorer
The thermistor was replaced with OEM from Dometic.

It is on the far right fin, and protruding .5" above the clip.

The temps are taken with an infrared sensor, and cups of water are in the three locations.

It appears that I'm looking at replacing the board. Is the lower board the same as the control board that has been referred to?

For the potential replacement board, should I use OEM or Dinosaur?

Besides testing the new thermistor, checking the ohms, is there anything else I should test?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
If you have replaced the Thermister and get the same result, your rear main module is bad. Have you taken the ohm reading AT the 2 wire connector on the rear control board? If that Ohm's correctly your module is bad. Doug

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
What are you using to take temp readings with?

Thermistor senses 'fin temp' which is 10*F colder than 'box' temp.

Thermostat is pre-set and thermistor location should have a 6-8*F affect on overall temp in food section.

When you say 'thermistor has been replaced'----------was that a complete replacement or just the tip (snip the tip repair)?

Poor connection at lower board P2 connection can cause overcooling
Thermistor tip should just protrude from clip and clip should be tight on far right fin
And it could be issue with lower board

Any adjustment of thermistor position needs 24 hour before remeasuring of affect
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Freezer temp is okay but fridge temp is lower than spec. Make sure thermistor is within cooling fin as they have a tendency to move or drop out. Had the same occurrence and had to replace thermistor as temps gradually got to the teens in the fridge section. Used the snip the tip mod and all has been well ever since. Took about 10 minutes to perform and there is some adjustability in temps via dial on snip the tip thermistor.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
congrats are in order nobody else complains about being to cold. I,d call domitic and ask the techs ,if theres a way to fix this.

slomark
Explorer
Explorer
The temp control is manual, sliding the thermoster up or down on the fin. I've been taking readings for the past four days, and the temp doesn't change relative to the position of the thermoster.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Never heard that complaint before? How long are you leaving the box to adjust to the new temps after you move the thermistet? I would only make small adjustments and then wait 24 hours to note the change. Also, what setting are you using on the temp control?