cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

eBay Solar Panels

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Mighty Max 100 Watt Solar Panel 12V Poly Off Grid Battery Charger for RV (100w)
15 product ratings
Popular Item 1 sold in last hour
Item Information
Condition:
New
Quantity:
Limited quantity available 3,836 sold / See feedback
List price:
$139.95 What does this price mean?
You save:
$59.96 (42% off)
Now:
US $79.99
Buy It Now -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mighty-Max-100-Watt-Solar-Panel-12V-Poly-Off-Grid-Battery-Charger-for-RV-10...

Thought seventy nine cents per watt delivered for a 12-volt panel was worth a look?
17 REPLIES 17

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
BFL13 wrote:
Not too clear what "quality" would mean. "Buy local" loyalties are not the same thing.

They sure are not the same thing as loyalty of Canadians to their wallets, and I fully understand and even support the latter :)...
There is not much "local" about buying some Chinese panel at Home Depot, anyway. The point was that Home Depot (or even Amazon) are more reliable sources than Ebay.

NinerBikes
Explorer
Explorer
If you are recharging batteries with those panels... look for some panels that put out 17V instead of 18.2V, and to still make 100W claim, the amperage output is higher. Since your voltage needs to be dropped to 14.8V or 14.4V, depending on how you set up your PWM charge controller on these smaller 12V systems, the losses are less.

I much prefer getting the larger 150w 12v POLY solar panels for 12V. You will see honest 8.8 to 9 amps charging rates with them, actual, if the battery is low enough in charge when you start recharging in the morning. 5.5 Amps for a 100w panel is pretty low, IMHO. You want that current, the PWM charge controller needs the higher duty cycle, due to lower solar panel input voltage, without throwing voltage away, wasting it.

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
When reporting web statistics on $/watt, don't forget the size, people.

For 100-160W panel anything under $1 per watt is a good price. Bigger 200-300W panels could be around 50 cents per watt, yes.

I only buy on Ebay small cheap items that are hard to go wrong with, and only those that are not very important. To my offggrid living solar is important. Though, 100W panel can hardly be important ๐Ÿ™‚

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Gdetrailer wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:
ksg5000 wrote:
Sold on Amazon for a little more - they seem to get good reviews.

One interesting thing about reviews, especially on Amazon is, lots of times the reviews are posted by the seller.

:R

Umm.. No worse than the junk sellers on Ebay "shilling" their OWN products.

Then there IS the shuck and jive "games" played on Ebay (which IS encouraged by the Ebay rules)of sellers misrepresenting product, not shipping product, switching product, baiting buyers or shipping broken or destroyed product..

At least Amazon WILL "make it right" without all of the hoops or games if the product is misrepresented, did not show or shows up damaged.

Sometimes it IS better to pay a little more up front and not have to deal with the clowns on Ebay..

YES, there ARE some shill reviews on Amazon, they ARE easy to spot and IGNORE.

I rarely read the 5 star reviews or the single star reviews on Amazon, instead I focus on the 2-4 star reviews as those ARE the REAL reviews to go by.

X2
Ebay is a kr**pshoot and a Joke
Would never buy anything there.

I checked some product once asked about its condition and the seller asked me to pay for it imediately or he will sue me!!
LOL

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Solar panels are just a commodity. Get the lowest price per watt in the voltage and dimensions you need.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
A bit more intense of a bummer is to get stuck with a haunted RV. What? 40K, 50K, 70K?

Orrrrrrrr......

"Cover the 4, 5, 9 and 10 A hundred dollars each"

Next roll...

"Seven out line away"

But squawk like hell over a seventy dollar solar panel.

Interesting...

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Local price pick it up yourself is $169 or about $127 US

http://www.wegosolar.com/products.php?product=HES%252d100%252d36PV-Solar-Panel-100W

I have had panels from China, India, and Taiwan no problems at all.
A panel either works or it doesn't. Not too clear what "quality" would mean. "Buy local" loyalties are not the same thing.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

Housted
Explorer III
Explorer III
Amazon regularly has multiple vendors with Mono panels for $1.00 per watt. Free shipping and returns etc.

I have purchased 3 of these panels and they just do as advertised....

Housted
2019 Forrest River Forrester 3051S 2014 Honda CRV toad.
1000 W Solar, converted to 50 amp
400 Amps of LiFePO4,3000 Watt Inverter, Refer converted with JC refrigeration unit, Sofa replaced with 2 swivel chairs, over cab bed converted to TV mount and storage

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
My thoughts:
(+) Good price.
(-) $135 "List Price" is a joke (alright, a "marketing feature", to make you want to buy).
(+/-) Quality? Long-standing panel manufacturers are disappearing, quality panels with thick welded frame, copper pigtails etc are becoming a thing of the past.
(-) Warranty is a joke with Ebay items like this one.
(-) No returns.

I didn't read the reviews. However, to my observations, vast majority of reviewers on Ebay and Amazon (even if they are honest) are not competent to review anything electrical.

Home Depot every couple of months have sale $100 for 100W, 3 months return with receipt, or indefinitely store credit return without receipt (as long as you don't drill any holes or crack the glass cover).

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
SidecarFlip wrote:
ksg5000 wrote:

One interesting thing about reviews, especially on Amazon is, lots of times the reviews are posted by the seller.

:R

Umm.. No worse than the junk sellers on Ebay "shilling" their OWN products.

Then there IS the shuck and jive "games" played on Ebay (which IS encouraged by the Ebay rules)of sellers misrepresenting product, not shipping product, switching product, baiting buyers or shipping broken or destroyed product..

At least Amazon WILL "make it right" without all of the hoops or games if the product is misrepresented, did not show or shows up damaged.

Sometimes it IS better to pay a little more up front and not have to deal with the clowns on Ebay..

YES, there ARE some shill reviews on Amazon, they ARE easy to spot and IGNORE.

I rarely read the 5 star reviews or the single star reviews on Amazon, instead I focus on the 2-4 star reviews as those ARE the REAL reviews to go by.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
ksg5000 wrote:

2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Kevin

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Made in Indonesia. Wonder what the guarantee is about.

I'll stick with my Zamp plug and play unit. I know where they are made and the guarantee is actually worth something.

You get what you pay for, like anything else.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Seems like a great deal. Panel prices are declining.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad