cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

fan/vent cover binding

shannon62
Explorer
Explorer
Hello fellow R.V.er's. Our fantastic vent/fans run fine & the cover opens fine but when you shut them they seem to be misaligned at the bottom, I have to raise it again then after a loud bang they will seat properly. Sometimes it takes several tries to get it to seat,they both do it. Can I bend the arm or adjust something? Any one ever have this problem, I hate to replace them seeing how they still work. Thank you all for your help getting me thru winter in p.A. Nothing froze!

Safe travels. Shannon

Moderator's Edit: Avoid using all caps as it makes a post harder to read. Thanks.

HELLO FELLOW R.V.ER'S. OUR FANTASTIC VENT/FANS RUN FINE & THE COVER OPENS FINE BUT WHEN YOU SHUT THEM THEY SEEM TO BE mis aligned AT THE BOTTOM, I HAVE TO RAISE IT AGAIN THEN AFTER A LOUD BANG THEY WILL SEAT PROPERLY. SOMETIMES IT TAKES SEVERAL TRYS TO GET IT TO SEAT,THEY BOTH DO IT.CAN I BEND THE ARM OR ADJUST SOMETHING? ANY ONE EVER HAVE THIS PROBLEM,I HATE TO REPLACE THEM SEEING HOW THEY STILL WORK. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP GETTING ME THRU WINTER IN P.A. NOTHING FROZE!
SAFE TRAVELS. SHANNON
7 REPLIES 7

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
In my "neck of the woods" we say "caddy wompus"
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

shannon62
Explorer
Explorer
It is slang for crooked,misaligned,out of wack, sorry.I am in florida now & i tried lubricating the arm no go.thanks shannon

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Jack_Diane_Freedom wrote:
What the hell is "caddy wopus"?

You have lived a sheltered life!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
You say you are wintering in Pa? Have you been on the roof, to check for ice or snow, that may be catching on the lid, causing it to misalign?

Jerry

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
I would first try lubricating the lift arms.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jack_Diane_Freedom wrote:

The word has various spellings including caddywampus, cattywampus, catawampus. It is usually written as one word. It has various meanings. The most typical is "askew".

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer