cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Filter in LP line to refrigerator?

smsinville
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to troubleshoot why my Dometic 3 way refrigerator does not work on LP ... no spark, nothing. (All other LP components work.) I took apart the LP line connections behind the refrigerator and removed a J-shaped metal line "downstream" of the control valve. I could not blow through this short length of pipe (which was about 1/4 inch in diameter. It looked like there was a blockage. I put a soft flexible plastic zip tie in and pushed out a white, soft piece that looked very much like the filter on a cigarette. It was about 3/4 inches long, cylindrical, and the ends were square cut. I probably should not have removed this, as it was damaged, and then I dropped it and stepped on it.

My question is this: is this in fact a filter? What is it filtering out? I have not been able to find anything like this in a thorough internet search. I assume I'll have to replace it so that after I find out why the LP side of the refrigerator is not working, this little filter will have to be in place. Any idea what I could use as a replacement for this little filter, or where I might get a replacement? Would I dare try to run the refrigerator on LP without replacing that little filter?

In trying to explain this problem to a local repair person, he was convinced what I had removed was a spider nest. I can't believe it would have been that ... the shape was too precise and regular.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
6 REPLIES 6

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
"Whuzuh Borad?"

Just funnin' wit'cha. Remember: Dyslectics Of The World UNTIE!

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Per Dometic. Has nothing to do with oil contaminated LP. Doug
"The units with mechanical controls there is a little filter, looks like a filter from a cigarette.
Keeps solid debris from getting to the by-pass screw".

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
red31 wrote:
ya talking bout item 43 on page 6 and 7? Keeps oil/**** out of the valve

https://www.scamptrailers.com/images/pdfs/Dometic_Refrig_RM2193_PartsList.pdf

That would be what OP pushed out, damaged and stepped on :B

That would NOT have any involvement with NO Spark when attempting to use propane

Fridge has to have DC or it wouldn't work on AC or DC or have any panel lights.....so DC isn't issue

No spark is due to bad ground(s), bad high tension wire from borad to spark electrode, bad electrode, wrong gap, bad circuit board ---propane circuit.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

red31
Explorer
Explorer
ya talking bout item 43 on page 6 and 7? Keeps oil/**** out of the valve

https://www.scamptrailers.com/images/pdfs/Dometic_Refrig_RM2193_PartsList.pdf

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Filter? Your description sounds like it was left by someone knowing you would be back for service. But what does that have to do with no spark?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
you said theres no spark.. I,d find that problem first.start at your fuse block.a blocked fuel line would not cause a no spark problem.