cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flojet portable 18555-000

dks
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of weeks ago I had to turn the impeller release screw to free up the macerator before using. The screw was very hard to turn, but, I was able to turn the screw and was successful in dumping my tanks. Today, I tried dumping, and just to be on the safe side I turned the impeller screw again to release it. It was moving, but, was stiff. I blew 6 fuses in the handle trying to get the pump to work. I can turn the screw, but it is very stiff. Does this sound like the impeller is broken? Or do I need a new macerator? Suggestions? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
dks wrote:
Just a quick update since the pump wasn't working and it's 4 years old I decided to order a new one. Yes, I knew it could just be a broken impeller, but, based on previous pumps this was on borrowed time.

4 yrs is nothing ... betcha if you took it apart you'd find absolutely nothing wrong with it. Well, at least you now have a spare! :W

As I mentioned earlier the instructions that come with this macerator do include details on how to easily release the impeller.

FloJet Waste Macerator Instructions
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

dks
Explorer
Explorer
Just a quick update since the pump wasn't working and it's 4 years old I decided to order a new one. Yes, I knew it could just be a broken impeller, but, based on previous pumps this was on borrowed time.

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
I have had to take mine apart a couple of times because hair gets wrapped around the back side of the impeller. Also found it helpful to squirt a little silicone spray in the works after I flush it out.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
It's normal ... and as I recall the instructions even point out that before using it's a good idea to exercise the impeller with a screwdriver. I carry a flat blade screwdriver in my camper toolkit just for this purpose and my FloJet has been working just as it should since 2006 ... IMO you're imagining a problem that isn't.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

campinghut
Explorer
Explorer
The impeller was dry the last time you used it and you might have ripped the rubber impeller. I would just replace it and you should be fine. There are lots of kits listed on the internet for this. I always try to put a little water in it before turning it on.
Tim And Bev
2018 Mobile Suites 38RSSA, 560w solar, 2800w inverter (3 previous Artic fox trailers, 1 Cedar Creek, 1 Heartland Cyclone. In the last 8 Years)
2022 F350 (Previous trucks 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020 all Ford F350's)