cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handle came off sliding window in my destination trlr

Patrick45
Explorer
Explorer
The handle came off the sliding window in our bedroom. It is not adhered but was held in place with compression?? and I can't get it to go back on and stay. There is a flexible rubber strip which goes between the metal of the handle and the glass.

Suggestions? I don't want to epoxy it on unless I have to.

I would post pictures if I knew how.
7 REPLIES 7

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Yep I have a sliding window that usually has finger smudges on it from opening and closing it. once in a while I have to likc my finger to get enough friction. :B

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
We had that happen with the most used sliding Window in our Class C. The handle was just held in place by friction. There was a piece of rubber between the handle and the glass. We'd put the handle back on and it would fall off again in a day or two. We learned to just slide the window open from the glass. We'd just put our hand on the glass and slide. The window still locked as the lock was not part of the handle.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
I like goop too.
this is a sliding window,.. so if you had to you could use a suction cup device to slide it. the issue is really that the handle is often also the locking device.

So long as the slider is on the INSIDSE a small length of dowel rod or hakf or quarter round (i'd use quarter) layed in the track works well

or drill STRAIGHT down and drop in a bolt or pin Drop in means lift out,.

IMO - my "guess" is.....it's not a security issue, but how to get hold of the window to slide it.

Security (only) options are easy - as in suggestions offered..

If the OP could elaborate - solutions offered might be better?

What's a "destination trlr"? (Why did we need to know that?)
Normal recreation trlr (RV)? Mobile home?

Suggest the "goop" method (doubtful) or JB Weld for metal to metal.

It's a sticky situation!..:W

~

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
As to locking the window. The sliding door at home, I drop a wooden rod in the track at the bottom. But I use a cheap bar clamp mounted near the top, to push between door and frame. With that in place no shake in the door.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I like goop too.
this is a sliding window,.. so if you had to you could use a suction cup device to slide it. the issue is really that the handle is often also the locking device.

So long as the slider is on the INSIDSE a small length of dowel rod or hakf or quarter round (i'd use quarter) layed in the track works well

or drill STRAIGHT down and drop in a bolt or pin Drop in means lift out,.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
clean the area real good get any oily stuff off the glass .I,d try a little goop sealant.

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would post pictures if I knew how

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.