cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Honda EU2000i Generator - Fuel Gauge

smooth1
Explorer
Explorer
Is there a fuel gauge cap you can get for this generator, or some other way to easily know the fuel left in the tank. I had a Yamaha 2000 before and the fuel gauge was handy in my opinion.
7 REPLIES 7

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
You might not want to put that fuel tank higher than the generator. The generator has a vacumm fuel system and will pull gas from that tank even on the same level or slightly below it. If the generator should stop, and the fuel tank is above it, it will siphon fuel and might spill it all over the place.
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
I rigged up a marine tank - this is version 1.0 -
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer

smooth1
Explorer
Explorer
OK. Looks like there isn't an add on. I liked having the fuel gauge on the Yamaha in the summer when I would run the AC in the truck camper for an hour or so. I could see how much fuel was left & figure out if I have enough for the next day. In the winter I am just charging batteries and could look at the fuel gauge at 1/3 full and know I was going to be fine running/charging for that weekend trip. I don't like carrying a gas can with me so I guess I will have to get used to keeping it full &/or looking in the cap to see the level.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
My generator only runs about 6-7 hours on one tank of fuel... Not sure having a fuel gauge would be of any interest for me...

Most of the time when camping off the power grid I run my 2KW Generator about three hours each morning and my five-gallon-jerry-can usually works for me on my usual 3-4 days camping trips.

I carry one of those hand squeeze pumps where I can pump out more gas from my truck tank if I start running short.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
When it starts to sputter, add gas.

Seriously, I don't know of a gauge cap. I've never had much luck with those cork-float type caps being accurate anyway. Plus, you would have to remove the built-in strainer.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
remove cap, look down.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman