cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

how do I dissasemble door Norcold NB411M refrig?

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Need some help and I hope someone else knows how to do this.

My 2 door (upper freezer, lower refrigerator) Norcold NB411M refrigerator has a wobbly lower hinge assembly. I have the door off, the snap on side trim removed, 2 screws removed from the upper door trim, and still can not get the trim off to access the hinge. I suspect that the door assembly and trim is fairly common to all of the 2 door norcold refrigerators.

I've downloaded the service manual from bryant rv, and found a generic parts order manual but nothing I've found illustrates how to take the door apart without destroying fasteners that I cannot see.

If anyone has done this before, I'd appreciate your comments, or a pointer to an online manual that shows how to take the door apart.

Thanks

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida
3 REPLIES 3

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
Just a follow up.

I came to the conclusion that the Norcold door can not be repaired. The top and bottom plastic stips house the hinge and are sealed to the foam core. Removing them destroys the door. I worked for a while fabricating a new aluminum support for the bottom of the door then discovered I could not make it attach securely and then also found the top hinge mount cracked also,

I did not want to spend mega-dollars for another door, or another 2 way refrigerator, so I replaced it with a small house type refrigerator. Very pleased.

For those interested, details of the new refrigerator may be found at

details of house refrigerator install (by 2 different RV'rs)

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

fcooper
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at all of the available info I could find on the Bryant RV site, and did some other google searches with no joy. I could find a parts list with an illustration but not enough detail to help with taking it apart.

Today I got the door trim disassembled via brute force. Norcold glued it all together including a foam board core that goes into the top and bottom trim strip. The bottom trim strip has a socket (plastic) with one screw that holds the hinge arm in place. Of course this trim strip socket and screw support has been broken for some time.

If your Norcold Refrigerator has a wobbly bottom hinge, I'll bet that it is broken in the same area as it does not look very strong.

I'm trying to fabricating a thin steel bracket that I can use to reinforce the hinge support. I'll post info later if it works.

Fred
Fred & Vicki
St. Augustine, Florida

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/n400.pdf
http://bryantrv.com

The above website contains lots of service manuals and owners manuals for RVs and products used in RVs.

I did a quick glance and found a manual for 400 series models of Norcold but it doesn't list the 411 model.

There maybe a service manual for your model on the site or maybe one of the other models uses a similar door setup.