cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jacking up with MorRyde IS

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm going to pull the tires off one by one to have TPMS installed. We are camping, so I'm not breaking down camp to drive to the tire dealer.

I'd prefer to lift each tire rather than lift the trailer frame, but not understanding the instructions in the service manual Located here Instructions are on page 4, and trying to understand It is permissible to jack up a unit equipped with a MORryde Independent Rubber Suspension System only on the Beam Assembly under the Rubber Springs" That appears to be on an angle, so how would I use a bottle jack to raise the wheel?

Trying to raise the wheel as opposed to lifting the whole frame up on one side.
14 REPLIES 14

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks!

I place mine between the hitch and tool box.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I did make them. They are 3/4" AC solid core plywood glued with Permatex PL3 and screwed. There are no internal supports even with 17,500# setting on the four. The front boxed are longer and do have a pc of 3/4" plywood mid way vertical. They are holding up well with 6 years of full-time use.

I cut all the pcs from one pc of plywood.

Very nice.

Not sure how I would store them. I'm already over GVWR in the trailer, and don't have a lot of free space. Could see about making room in the truck bed.

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
I did make them. They are 3/4" AC solid core plywood glued with Permatex PL3 and screwed. There are no internal supports even with 17,500# setting on the four. The front boxed are longer and do have a pc of 3/4" plywood mid way vertical. They are holding up well with 6 years of full-time use.

I made what Ron has made for the TT we bought and sold and one reason was for jacking the TT if needed as the frame was very high. Also for electric jack. chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
CA Traveler wrote:
Those are very nice blocks. For a different application I made these. My blocks are 1โ€™x1โ€™x2โ€, 1 1/4โ€ (ie 1.25") sub floor plywood and 3/4โ€ plywood glued (Gorilla glue) and screwed together. The cut corners eliminate the sharper square corners. They can be stacked as needed. The rope loop makes them easy to retrieve with any pole and to carry. They are also useful for securing picnic table covers, mats, etc. in windy conditions.

Nice! Smart move on using plywood as it doesnโ€™t split.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Those are very nice blocks. For a different application I made these. My blocks are 1โ€™x1โ€™x2โ€, 1 1/4โ€ (ie 1.25") sub floor plywood and 3/4โ€ plywood glued (Gorilla glue) and screwed together. The cut corners eliminate the sharper square corners. They can be stacked as needed. The rope loop makes them easy to retrieve with any pole and to carry. They are also useful for securing picnic table covers, mats, etc. in windy conditions.

2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Those boxes, did you make them? Is there internal structure too?

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use these boxes all the time for better stability and when ground is uneven. RV is off the ground in pic and hooked to truck.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
philh wrote:
These are the internal sensors that integrates with Ford TPMS monitor.

I don't know if there's a weight restriction on electric jacks, even then the rear jacks currently need something underneath as I ran out of stroke on the rear jacks. Currently have (2), 2x12 stacked under the rear jacks. I'm wondering why the rear jacks are on bolted on so close to the corplast underneath the trailer.

Are you on an unlevel site? Any RV I have ever owned the jacks would lift it up off the ground. Maybe get more boards?
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
These are the internal sensors that integrates with Ford TPMS monitor.

I don't know if there's a weight restriction on electric jacks, even then the rear jacks currently need something underneath as I ran out of stroke on the rear jacks. Currently have (2), 2x12 stacked under the rear jacks. I'm wondering why the rear jacks are on bolted on so close to the corplast underneath the trailer.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Good advice above. I would use a EZ Jack type to lift. Or lift the frame using the trailer mfg instructions. A bottle jack could slip, one with a saddle might be better. The typical tire dealer might be clueless about how to jack a MORryde suspension and just use a scissor jack.

Regardless connect the tow vehicle for fore-aft stability and raise any stabilizing jacks

Why not wait until you break camp and have it done? Or install TMPS sensors on the tire stems? Pros and cons to internal vs external sensors.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I agree that using a ramp is the safe way...also the easy way.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have the hydraulic rams simply lift it off the ground. ORRRR buy this if it makes you feel better. TrailerAid Plus.

I would not lift on the IS suspension!!!

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Does your RV have jacks? If so can't you lift it off the ground and put jack stands or blocks under it as a measure in case the jacks fail?

And what kind of TPMS? Most aftermarket ones just screw on to the shrader valve. Sounds like you have ones that need installed to the inside of the rim.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS