cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

leak around antenna

boubou64
Explorer
Explorer
in the White Mountains in NH right since last night.
We had torrential rains and for the first time, a small leak develloped around the antenna area. We did a temporary fix with a garbage bag and duct tape to hold us off but now looking, the caulking up there looks pretty good. How can we fix this better
http://3dogsandacamper.tumblr.com
2013 Jayco Eagle HT 23.5
2010 Ram 1500 HEMI with integrated brake controller, tow mirrors and Michelins LTX/AT2 275/65R20 max load: 3750 lbs. @ 80 psi
Superglide 2700
Timbrens
4 REPLIES 4

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
Something for you to check. We got a drip in a rainstorm also. When I climbed up on top, I found the boot sealing the coax where it goes down through the roof had come loose. I'm assuming cranking the antenna up and down, which moves the cable, caused the boot to work its way up a little and therefore let the rain in. I put a little silicone inside of the boot, slid it back down, and now the boot stays in place and no more leaks.

Bill

Ditto on this. I filled the area with silicone, then pushed the boot back on over that. Havent had a problem now in 10 years.
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
wildtoad wrote:
If it's a winegard there is a procedure for lubricating the gears and rubber seals. The seals can dry out and cause a drip usually at the handle.

Details for periodic lubrication of a Winegard Sensar antenna is included in the Owner's Manual. However, if water is leaking into the trailer from the roof it's doing so via the worm gear which must be removed to be properly lubricated, as detailed in this YouTube Video.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it's a winegard there is a procedure for lubricating the gears and rubber seals. The seals can dry out and cause a drip usually at the handle.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Something for you to check. We got a drip in a rainstorm also. When I climbed up on top, I found the boot sealing the coax where it goes down through the roof had come loose. I'm assuming cranking the antenna up and down, which moves the cable, caused the boot to work its way up a little and therefore let the rain in. I put a little silicone inside of the boot, slid it back down, and now the boot stays in place and no more leaks.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.