cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Long Trips And Medicine Damage

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
A swath of 2" of the softest foam seemed to eliminate buzzing vibration that acts as a skin damaging agent on hard pills. Cut slots in the foam then jam the pill bottles inside. Playing around with the depth and length of the slot cuts will allow any size pill bottle to fit.
8 REPLIES 8

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Shouldn't this thread be in DIY -- it's sort of a mod, after all! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Seriously, this is a good idea -- pills in an RV get badly shaken and are often chipped.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Come up with a snazzy name like RV MedSafe, make 'em cheap south of the border, then head up to Quartzite and sell 'em to all the full-timing baby boomers for $9.95.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
The pill / capsule manufactures (not all) typically stuff cotton in the bottles to help the product from being damaged during transport. Seems like a cheap and easy solution.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
The inside of my amlodipine bottle gets a little dusty inside, but haven't had it disintegrate into powder or break down like the lorazepam. I'll start carrying a smaller quantity and stuff a couple cotton balls in the bottle. If it is a any help to you mine is 10 mg and made by Lupin Pharmaceutical. It is a small round white tablet with an L on one side and 32 on the other side. Purchased from CVS Caremark.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I found a hundred dollars worth of AMLODIPINE reduced to powder in my camper.

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I carry my daily meds in a day sack because I forget to take them sometimes, so I have them with me in case I forget them. I never had any problem carrying them or them bouncing around. However I carry my lorazepam in my vest pocket which I take only if needed. They are somewhat soft and crumble when bounced around. I stopped it by putting cotton balls in the bottle so they didn't bounce around. They start to dissolve as soon as I put one in my mouth. Mex may have an issue with some meds that are fragile.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
We traveled for 7yrs all over the USA with pills in their perspective bottles and never noticed any 'skin damaging' on the pills

??????????????
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good idea!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad