cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Motorhome Refrigerator Problems

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
Took my rig for minor service, was there about three weeks. Fridge worked fine.
Back home, plugged in to shore power and getting a code
no co
in all modes (auto, LP,EL)
Advice?

GM
2006 Discovery 39S Tin Teepee
Honda CR-V Toad
Enrolled member of the Comanche Tribe
English Bride
Bichon Frise bear killers:
Lord Shonefeld von Reginald-Friese IV.
Lady Annabelle von Lichenstein-Friese III.
4 REPLIES 4

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok if it is a NORCOLD open the outside compartment IS there a red light flashing? If so a magnet (fairly powerful one) waved over the right part of the box its in and the light will go out and the fridge may work.... It's been a while since I did one.

On a dometic look for a small button on the "Chimney" part of the assembly outside (The large metal tube) It's above the heat elements. Press. Hard you again may hear a CLICK.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Grey_Mountain
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks much for the responses. I'll have a mobile RV tech look at it.

GM
2006 Discovery 39S Tin Teepee
Honda CR-V Toad
Enrolled member of the Comanche Tribe
English Bride
Bichon Frise bear killers:
Lord Shonefeld von Reginald-Friese IV.
Lady Annabelle von Lichenstein-Friese III.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You show a 2006 Discovery, which would indicate a 1200 series Norcold.
1. The shop did nothing wrong unless you left the refer ON
2. Did your service require them to look at the refer?
3. The most common cause of NO CO, is running off level and IF you left the refer ON when you dropped off for service, odds are they could not park you level and off level caused the off level operation which caused the Heat to build up and tripped the NO CO sensor and control board.
4. 2nd most common cause is the rear cooling fans not operating and causing the Cooling unit to overheat
5. Then we have the dreaded yellow leaker of ammonia. It is usually evident around the LP Burner area.
6. AS the other poster stated, 1st NO CO lets you know a operating parameter was BAD. You have 2 bites at the apple. Turn OFF and then ON and IF you get a 2nd NO CO without a normal cool down operation, the 2nd NO CO locks you out of the controls and operation. If a normal operation happens the 1st NO CO is erased.
7. You have a separate control board that monitors NO CO. It is NOT part of the Main control board. It is mounted on the lower back side cooling coils accessed from the outside refer door and will have a red LED light ON if tripped. If it is tripped the 2nd time, Norcold advises to have the refer checked out by a qualified Norcold shop. There is a procedure to reset the NO CO box, but I do not tell people how to do that. Doug

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
The No Co error is triggered when your fridge does not produce refrigerant for 2 hours. When your fridge does not produce refrigerant, this means the boiler is overheating. An overheating boiler not only warms the food in the fridge, it is what causes the fridge to fail.

The first time the โ€œno coโ€ fault code appears on the optical control assembly, it can be cleared by the user by turning the refrigerator OFF and then back ON. This gives the user the opportunity to check for problems that may have caused a "no co" code, such as obstructed ventilation. This fault code occurrence is then stored in the controls. If the refrigerator completes a full cooling cycle after the user turns it back on, this fault code occurrence will be cleared from the controls.
Second "no co" Fault Occurrence

If the refrigerator does not complete a full cooling cycle after the user turns the refrigerator back on and the "no co" fault displays, the control locks the heat sources and a "hard-wire" power board reset is required. The hard-wire reset of the power board must be performed by a service center according to Norcold if you are not qualified to preform this task.

Sounds like the service shop messed it up. Good luck.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog