Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie question

2000flair
Explorer
Explorer
Hi there,
I know this may sound like a very basic question (it is) but i want to make sure i don’t make an even dumber mistake.
I need to add 2 quarts of oil to my 2000 Fleetwood Flair 30H with a 7.8 workhorse engine, but i am not sure were is the intake.
There’s a tube with a cap a few inches below the dip stick and i think logically this would be where to pour in the new oil but it has a red plastic ribbon on it and that makes me doubt.
Any help would be appreciated, and sorry for the dumb question. (I’m sure I’ll have more like this…)
3 REPLIES 3

2000flair
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, that was very helpful.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You shoud have two tubes with dipsticks one marked Engine and one transmission

In addition there is a larger tube. 1" or larger. that cap shold say "OIL" If you follow it it may run to a valve cover or to the oil pan. Or to the side of the engine block. (Been a couple years since I looked at one of those engines)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
The engine oil generally always goes into the valve cover. On any normal vehicle engine gas or diesel.
Not sure what your engine is because what you said is not a real displacement for any common engine from that era. However if it’s a workhorse chassis then it’s a Chevy, right?
Likely has a 454/7.4l. And if that’s 2 quarts low it’s real close to being low enough to do damage.
But yeah pour oil in the valve cover.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold