cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold door open beeper

Doug_and_Cassi_
Explorer
Explorer
My Norcold 1200 started a new annoyance yesterday. When you open the left door of the fridge the interior light goes out and the door open beeper goes off. It only does it part of the time but the only way to stop it is to turn the fridge off and then back on.

I had a new cooling unit installed in December but to keep the fridge cold enough I have to keep it set on "9". Please tell me a sledgehammer to the side of it will be a good fix. LOL. I really don't want to hear main board.

Could one of the door switches be the problem, the door open probes, or something else that won't necessitate selling my first born grandchild? Have to be a grand kid as the kids are too old and somebody would want a refund if they bought one of them! They can have their pick of 20 if it comes to that.
6 REPLIES 6

ronnash
Explorer
Explorer
I have yet to find any hinge adjustments on my annoyance. I found and down loaded a 40 page service manual and will peruse. My annoyance has had its 2 obligatory recalls and today refuses to start , dead boat anchor. Checked every fuse known to man and isolated the R 0101 sensor jan11 revision is the culprit. We do not have an RV tech local so had a commercial refer tech look at it and confirmed power in and no power out. Again we play the merry go round with Norcold. Phoned the Norcold recall line who wont help with a new sensor, was referred to Norcold Corp who wont help and refer me to a local dealer 100 miles away . Dealer phoned them and now he is getting no response. The 2 previous recalls took 3 weeks each to get the part and another 3 weeks to get the service. Now you cant get the part to fix the part in the house that jack built .

Doug_and_Cassi_
Explorer
Explorer
I have no clue as to what fixed it but it's working like it should right now. I was on the phone with the tech that put in the new cooling unit when it decided to work. He said he knew he was good, but didn't realize he could talk something into working from 300 miles away.

He is GOOD, reasonable, and honest. He's going to take a look at it when we go back thru Patrick.

Kelly's RV Repair, Satellite Beach, FL. Near Patrick AFB and he can get on base.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some have said there is an adjustment on the hinges that can be tightened and sometimes the doors loosen up over time. Haven't looked or tried it, but worth a shot.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Door open alarm and not cooling well would indicate to me that the door is in fact not closing properly.

I have noted that our 1201 LRIM will sometimes appear closed but is in fact slightly open, usually at or near the bottom, and usually due to a wine bottle in the wine rack just touching something in the door shelf or the bottom drawer not completely pushed all the way in.

HiTech
Explorer
Explorer
If it is an annoyance but does not affect normal operation and you don't mind doing with the audio alarm, removing the little pizoelectric speaker might be an option. I've been known to just put a heavy piece of duct tape over them to keep them running at a much lower volume level.

Jim

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Are you getting any kind of fault code?

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer