Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Onan 7500 Quiet Diesel - No power to starting switches

rugtnit
Explorer
Explorer
Good day all -
I have a 1999 Holiday Rambler Imperial with a Onan 7500 Quiet Diesel generator. I cannot start the unit, the remote switch on dash has no lights and same on generator thus no starting. I have located and replace the three fuses under the access panel on the generator even though visual inspection appeared that they are still fine. What am I missing?
3 REPLIES 3

bounder39zman
Explorer II
Explorer II
the start/stop switches on ONAN generators are used to switch grounds to the control board relays...the only power to a switch will be to the lamps in the switch once the unit starts and runs. Will the electric fuel pump run when the switch on genset is pushed to stop position? The lamp in the switch should come on when doing this (unless it is burned out, which is common on these switches). If the lamps in either switch do NOT come on while priming, or during glow plug heating , then check for 12v at fuses. If you dont have power to fuses, then you have a connection problem from battery connection to fuses. If you have 12v to fuses, and still no start, then problem is likely in control board (part of inverter/controller assembly) or connection to inverter/controller.
If starting circuit in controller has failed, the assembly will have to be replaced, as I dont know of any place where they can be repaired.
If anyone knows where these components can be repaired, I would like that info, as these are very $$$$$$, retail$ approaching 2G's for the part.

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Some generators are wired into the main power system and won't start if the AUX battery switch on the dash has been toggled off...

Some people might call that the salesman's switch.

My generator is like that.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
I believe most generators starts with the coach batteries. Are they turned on and fully charged?