Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Power converter

Greene55
Explorer
Explorer
Posted: 11/16/19 08:46pm Link | Quote | Edit | Print | Notify Moderator
While hooking up this converter, I noticed the green light flashes. If I switch off the auxiliary battery switch, it stays solid green. Do I need to turn this auxiliary switch in or off? Will it charge the batteries while attached to shore power if the auxiliary battery switch is turned off. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
While you did not say (in the first post) what converter it is. Some of them the Green Light is basically a voltmeter..
Read the manual to get an idea of the voltage

The manual MIGHT tell you what the different modes OFF/STEADY Slow flash Fast flash) mean.. or not.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Greene55 wrote:
Posted: 11/16/19 08:46pm Link | Quote | Edit | Print | Notify Moderator
While hooking up this converter, I noticed the green light flashes. If I switch off the auxiliary battery switch, it stays solid green. Do I need to turn this auxiliary switch in or off? Will it charge the batteries while attached to shore power if the auxiliary battery switch is turned off. Thanks

New member tip--only post in one forum and if wrong one, a moderator will move it.

Meanwhile you say you have a PowerMax PM3 55LK in your Class A. The PM3LK has its own little green light that says it has 120v power or not and it does not flash.

So that must mean your flashing green is on the DC fuse panel like some of them have? I don't know what solid and flashing green means with those, which is usually for a PD brand converter with Charge Wizard AFAIK.

Perhaps it means the aux battery needs charging but the house batt is full?
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.