cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Problem installing cooling unit

redetorok
Explorer
Explorer
I am replacing a cooling unit in a RM2652 Dometic refrigerator and can't seem to get the screws in the freezer area to line up with the reconditioned cooling unit holes. Everything else seems to fit alright except for that. Has anyone encountered this problem and if so were you able to correct it and how? I have trimmed some of the foam from the cooling unit on the upper part but do I need to trim more foam from the bottom part and sides? HELP!!!!

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
5 REPLIES 5

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Keep us posted on your cooling unit project.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
redetorok wrote:
I am replacing a cooling unit in a RM2652 Dometic refrigerator and can't seem to get the screws in the freezer area to line up with the reconditioned cooling unit holes. Everything else seems to fit alright except for that. Has anyone encountered this problem and if so were you able to correct it and how? I have trimmed some of the foam from the cooling unit on the upper part but do I need to trim more foam from the bottom part and sides? HELP!!!!

I agree with DrSteve, call the company you purchased from.
I have replaced two cooling units in different RVs, both purchased from RV Cooling Unit Warehouse. They both fit perfectly, before ordering the first one I called the C/S number, it was the owner and gave me a lot of great advice and information. That got him the first order, the operation of the first unit got him the second order.

If you can't get the help you need, you might consider them.
RV Cooling Unit Warehouse
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Is the measurement between freezer and fresh fin screw holes the same on old and new units? I agree ask the rebuilder what to do.
-- Chris Bryant

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
redetorok wrote:

Call the company you purchased the reconditioned unit from. Ask them what to do about it.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP