cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Progressive Dynamics 9180, 9180A, 9180AV

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
I see 3 listings for the PD 9180. What is the difference between the 9180, 9180A & 9180AV.
My 9180 died. I purchased a 9180AV that is 0.40 volts short of the advertised ratings with the charge wizard attached. The output is 14 volts 13.2 & 12.8. THe batteries are good and I tried 2 different charge wizards. My solar charge controller works correctly with the batteries.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson
9 REPLIES 9

road-runner
Explorer III
Explorer III
Hurricaner wrote:
I can't tell you how many times bad meters screwed me and most of the time they where fluke meters.
Blasphemy!;)
2009 Fleetwood Icon

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Hurricaner wrote:
Are you sure your meter is accurate? I was an electrical trouble shooter for years and I can't tell you how many times bad meters screwed me and most of the time they where fluke meters. Took me a long time to learn to always double check my test gear.

Sam

Thanks for your thoughts. I had to learn to be a control circuit electrician while working in industrial maintenance. So yes I have redundant equipment. None of it is Harbor Freight lack of Quality. Actually my favorite meter is a Radio Shack branded Fluke.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Hurricaner
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure your meter is accurate? I was an electrical trouble shooter for years and I can't tell you how many times bad meters screwed me and most of the time they where fluke meters. Took me a long time to learn to always double check my test gear.

Sam
Sam & Kari
Hurricane, Utah

2019 Winnebago Sightseer 33C

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone, just as I suspected my new AV is bad. No advustment pot. Supplier see no problem. I have a question in a Best Converter. Looks like Randy is just going to have to sell me a new converter.

Lets call the thread closed

Thanks
Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

rrupert
Explorer
Explorer
Is there an adjustment pot that you can access? Some converters have that.
Check with Best Converter and see what they say. Best Converter
Rich and Joyce
2018 Jayco Jay Flight 21QB
2012 Ford F150 4X4 Supercrew EcoBoost
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

Amateur Radio K3EXU

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
The V at the end of the P/N simply means "retail packaging" and doesn't have anything to do with it's capability or revision.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
wa8yxm wrote:
The wages of sin are death; but after they're done taking out taxes, it's just a tired feeling.

Now that... is priceless.

Best giggle I've had all day!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The wages of sin are death; but after they're done taking out taxes, it's just a tired feeling.

Now that... is priceless.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

RKW
Explorer
Explorer
The "A" is a newer version of the PD9180. The "AV" is the latest version.
Ryan

• 2015 Ford F250

• 2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8280 WS

• Dual Honda EU2000i Generators