cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question: Drain hose

R_S__Breedlove
Explorer
Explorer
What brand drain hose should I buy for my new Class C Thor. It will have frequent buy light use. I need a reasonable price but sturdy hose.
7 REPLIES 7

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
In 2007, when I bought my first RV, the dealer gave me a cheap hose. It lasted about 6 months. For a couple of years I went through cheap hoses at about the rate of 2/year. Finally, I took the recommendation on this forum to buy Rhino Flex. Because of my 2/year history, I bought 2 Rhino Flex hoses. It is now 10+ years later, and I have not yet opened the second Rhino Flex hose.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The Best, Drain master (about 150 bucks OUCH!)

good enough and a whole lot cheaper Two brands
Tetford's is the Sentinel.. I have one never used in the box (though the ground elbow is used and sanatized) A really good design and a robust hose. Took me many years to wear the one it was to replace out.

Rhino Flex is Camco's offer... I liked the Sentinel beter. But ... it's a close race.

Now.. if you have problems attaching/detaching
Pliers type oil filter wrench.. Fits perfectly.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
Ya can't go wrong with a Quality Rhino Flex Hose 10 years and still works fine,no leaks or problems.

x2
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
X2โ€ฆRhino Fiex.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Seven years and lots of camping with a Rhino Flex. No issues. You will only get a short life out of any hose stored in the "bumper". Get a vinyl fencepost or a hose storage tube from an rv supply or Camping World and mount it under the unit as close to the tank output as possible. The bumper will turn any hose into a sprinkler in no time. Get a good hose of any brand and a good place to store it. You will be very glad that you did. Happy Camping!

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ya can't go wrong with a Quality Rhino Flex Hose 10 years and still works fine,no leaks or problems.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Buy a heavy duty quality hose with quality fittings. It will last a long time with no issues if taken care of.