cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Repair and electrical manual purchase and download

pilotanpia
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 1995 Fleetwood Flair 32W on a Ford F53 chassis. It has less than 85,000 original miles. It is in terrific shape except for neglect issues with the previous owners. (2 previous owners)
I would like to purchase and download a repair and electrical manual for it. I would appreciate any and all suggestions.
Thank you, ahead of time.
Donald

UPDATE: I found a website that sells factorymanual downloads. Factory-Manuals.com , has factory manuals for download. I paid $49 for the Ford Factory electrical manual for the 1995 F53 chassis. I found the information within minutes, and was able to partially solve my issue. When I get home from vacation, I will make the permanent repair.

Thank you to those of you that replied to my post.

Happy Trails
Donald
Donald L.
6 REPLIES 6

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
If you're looking for a wiring diagram for the house part of the RV, your only bet is to get it from Fleetwood. Many RV makers don't offer such things, and so often you're just on your own tracing wires and figuring things out. It's a little work, but it's not at all impossible.

As others mentioned, appliance service information is usually not to hard to come by for each appliance--which includes such things as the converter, electric step, etc. besides what would traditionally be thought of as appliances.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Detailed chassis wiring manuals are costly. Forty years ago I paid three hundred dollars for (3) Mitchell manuals. From a quick glance, I gather they changed formats. Online only and subscriber only (monthly).

The best information (by far) is direct from the chassis manufacturer. GOOGLE FACTORY CHASSIS WIRING MANUAL with your information. The same applies to Technical Service Bulletins related to wiring and everything else.

Don't expect this to be cheap. But in perspective, hourly service labor rates should be considered.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
This Chiltons manual will give the basics for the F53.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
enblethen wrote:
This is a good generic repair manual
RV Repair
For the chassis you should be able to find a Chilton's manual that covers your F53
Your best for appliances and other devices is to down load manuals from Internet. Another good source and a member here is BryantRV.com

Most Chilton's manuals did not include a complete wiring diagram and the diagrams they did offer were not very detailed. Somewhere between 93-97 Chilton ceased printing and Haynes took over.

See HERE for the complete article on Chilton..

From link above..

"In 1973, the company moved its operations out of the city of Philadelphia, 10 miles northwest to Radnor, Pennsylvania. It would call that location home for the next 20 years. Major changes occurred in 1996 when Chilton's parent company since 1979, ABC Publishing, was acquired by Disney.

To quickly reduce the debt from the purchase, Disney sold off many assets, Chilton included. But rather than go as a whole, the venerable publisher was broken up into pieces and scattered to the winds. Today Motor Age and Commercial Carrier Journal continue in print and digital, divorced from the parts of the company still using the old name. The repair manuals are owned by Cengage Learning and Haynes Publishing Group."

When I bought my 97 truck, there was no Chiltons to be had, had to buy a Haynes instead.

Haynes is OK, perhaps a step better than Chilton at times but if you need a complete wiring diagram it is not included in Haynes and the best source will typically be the Ford Shop manuals that the dealer repair shops use. They are not cheap but they do offer complete diagrams and color codes..

Just be aware that with incomplete chassis used for Motor Homes, the wiring included from the factory may be bare bones and incomplete (just complete enough to start the engine and move the chassis) and the coach builder must complete everything else like dash, windows, wipers lighting, A/C, heat, fan.. In this case the best source would be the coach builder..

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Search for manuals appliance by applianceโ€ฆwith manufacturer name and model number.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
This is a good generic repair manual
RV Repair
For the chassis you should be able to find a Chilton's manual that covers your F53
Your best for appliances and other devices is to down load manuals from Internet. Another good source and a member here is BryantRV.com

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker