cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slideout stuck, not moving any further

Newman1415
Explorer
Explorer
I am quite experienced with travel trailers, but this one I have just got this summer as a back up trailer to my other one I rent out has been giving me issues.

Trailer is a 2011 shamrock by flagstaff hybrid tent trailer.

The slideout has always struggled a bit going in and out. I always assumed a weak battery caused that. But today while pushing slide out it stopped completely about a quarter of the way. I can hear the motor clicking when I push โ€œin or outโ€ l. I tried replacing battery and no luck. I was also plugged into shore power this whole time as well.

Is the motor fried? I donโ€™t have any tripped breaks or fuses. I also cannot find a manual override for the slide.

I also disconnected battery completely and disconnected from shore power and was shocked I still have 12v power. Where is this power being stored without a battery?

Sorry for long post
2014 Heartland Bighorn Silverado 41โ€™ SV 365QBS
2 REPLIES 2

Newman1415
Explorer
Explorer
I will get a picture in the daylight
2014 Heartland Bighorn Silverado 41โ€™ SV 365QBS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok there are several types of slides and which one you have we need to know

Power gear rack and pinion.. Will have a long toothed rail under the slide (or two of 'em) and the rail is run in and out by gears.

HWH uses hydraulic cylinders

Accu-Slide is a cable car system

And Swinteck has a wavy lined metal strip on the "Sides" (Front and rear) of the slide.

Those are the ones I know of.. though what I know about the last is .. what's above.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times