cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Back up camera systems

NOWANTSNOWARRAN
Explorer
Explorer
I recently purchased a 38' 2006 Monaco LaPalma. Has an old tube type B&W backup camera system. I have been researching systems for about two months and after much discussion, purchased a wireless Haloview MC 7108.

Mostly great reviews. Unfortunately, I could not get a signal from the camera to the monitor. Found out from Haloview that the camera needed more voltage than the coach's 12VDC system could provide and I would have to buy a $20 power booster from them to make it work. Shipping time approximately one to two months. (Not going to happen)
This is what I ended up trying:

Took the camera into the coach and set it next to the monitor.
Hooked up a 12-32 volt adjustable DC to DC convertor/power booster to the camera power input. ($4)
Adjusted the output to the camera from 12 VDC to 25 VDC. Camera light came on but no signal on the monitor.
Went through the pairing process according to instructions in the installation manual. STILL NOTHING.
Spoke with tech assist at Amazon who assured me that the power booster from Haloview would make it work, GUARANTEED.

I did some additional research and discovered that this is a common problem with these wireless cameras. Most companies either include a booster in the box or at least inform their customers of this issue up front. Some companies will sell a rechargeable battery pack for this application.

Neither Amazon or Haloview mentions anything about this in their description or in the product info guide.

I believe in my case the camera was just defective. I returned the product. Now I am searching for my next try.

This could have been common knowledge and I am just so new to this that I wasn't aware. Maybe it be helpful for someone.
1 REPLY 1

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Quit wasting your time and call RV Cams in Central LA. They are the go to source for Rv, bus, and 18 wheeler fleets. They know their business.