cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Some refrigerator considerations

Jetstreamer
Explorer
Explorer
After replacing my dometic fridge recently I thought I would pass on a couple of issues to everyone that might be helpful.
The first photo shows how much dust and lint had built up on the bottom of the condenser over a ten year period. I didn't think to snap this picture before I ran my hand under it and removed some of the lint but if you look at the far left end that is still a fair representation of what it looked like throughout the entire length. In my opinion a pretty thick layer that would impede airflow.
Something to think about maybe cleaning once in a while...

Anyway, second picture is of the thermistor adjuster sold by Dinosaur. The new fridge works fine, but I wanted to have the option to run it colder if needed. (Only works on some models).
In the position it's set (had to be installed upside down to make it fit) my fridge temp was reduced by about 5 degrees. And that setting was only at about 25% of its range. Seems like a great inexpensive mod that works well.
6 REPLIES 6

MrWizard
I used to Blow Out the fridge compartment could condenser etc... at least once a year with compressed air

Note I just keep the dirty of the compressor, the coils are covered
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
dave17352 wrote:
Jet, never heard about that thermister adjuster. I assumed when it was hot out the fridge was running full blast. I have my fridge on its coldest setting. Is this suppose to do more than that.

That Thermister kit is for AUTO TEMP refers. There is NO adjustable tstat, so people install this kit to have an adjustable tstat. This is a problem, with the Internet. YOU saw this post and thought all refers are the same and thought this would be a good add on to your refer. Doug

That is why I posted my comment. So perhaps someone with more knowledge would pipe up. Looks like my plan worked!:) So are saying Doug that it would be of no use to me. Correct?
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

Jetstreamer
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
dave17352 wrote:
Jet, never heard about that thermister adjuster. I assumed when it was hot out the fridge was running full blast. I have my fridge on its coldest setting. Is this suppose to do more than that.

That Thermister kit is for AUTO TEMP refers. There is NO adjustable tstat, so people install this kit to have an adjustable tstat. This is a problem, with the Internet. YOU saw this post and thought all refers are the same and thought this would be a good add on to your refer. Doug

Im no expert on this but it seems that the factory adjustable temp range is pretty narrow. My fridge works well but I want to be able to run it a little colder at times

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
dave17352 wrote:

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to check how to get to our fridge condenser.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton