cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Surge protector

billkaufmann
Explorer
Explorer
Can I plug a 50A to 30A dogbone into a 50A surge protector?
5 REPLIES 5

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi wa8xym,

I did rent 50 amp sites before I had my autoformer. There was a better change of not having as much voltage drop on the 50 amp circuit.

I do have a break out box which allows me 30 amp on one leg and twin 20 amp outlets on the other. I know it is not perfectly balanced but it is wonderful for extreme cold--and great when I wish to run the water heater on the electric setting.

I'm currently at a 50 amp site--but it is rural and a long ways from the transformer--so I'm using the autoformer to support the voltage.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
billkaufmann wrote:
Can I plug a 50A to 30A dogbone into a 50A surge protector?

Are you trying to use a 50 amp rig on a 30 amp site.. If so the answer is YES. you can

And I don't know why you would pay for a 50 amo site if you only have a 30 amp RV.. but that works too
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes it will fit and operate fine.
I do hope you have a 30 amp main breaker in the RV.

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
yes, no problem doing such, just do not try to run 2nd air conditioner do to the fact it will pull to much current ...

As well do not try to run Microwave, TV, air conditioner and the DW drying her hair, it's sort of a give and take, to much may be a problem... We run our TV, lights coffee pot and one Air conditioner without a problem on 30 amp ๐Ÿ™‚

Safe travels

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've done it with no issues. If you have a 50A EMS but only a 30A pedestal you don't have much choice. Also my owner's manual states that it can be done with no problems.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"