cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Oasis System is now giving an erro message

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
In addition to my power cord electric giving me fits, (AC Electric Issues have returned.) now the Oasis system gave an error message today as we prepared to leave the cg in upper Michigan. the error message is: heater Module Fault red led is on. This apparently means the combustion fan has shot ***** according to the Oasis tech I talked with. No diesel burner but according to the tech, I can still get hot water for dishes and showers by turning both ac elements on then off when done. This really sucks and is becoming a little annoying.
In regards to the cord reel issue, I managed to find a number of past posts in Irv2 where others had similar issues due to the contacts becoming pitted. Seems most either replaced the reels, as they are not repairable or dumped the reel and wired the power cord direct to their ems system and coiled the cord inside the compartment after use.
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487
2 REPLIES 2

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
I believe it is something on the system causing error message.
Module testing starts on page 18.Oasis Manual
Easier to test when with unit then trying to explain to a tech over the phone!

Thanks for that info. Finally found a mobile rv tech yesterday that responded to the cg and after he checked out the Oasis system, and then did a reset.. Everything came back up and ran perfectly. He said that if the error message were to come back, he would consider having the combustion fan replaced. He also removed the power cord reel for the electrical bay and wired the 50A power cord directly into the Progressive EMS. He has had to do this a number of times in the past as the contacts do have a tendency to become pitted and cause other issues.
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I believe it is something on the system causing error message.
Module testing starts on page 18.Oasis Manual
Easier to test when with unit then trying to explain to a tech over the phone!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker