cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water heater problem

jimcatinmi
Explorer
Explorer
Water heater works fine on electric but when I switch on the gas it lights but goes out after a short time then it will light again and go out. I have replaced the igniter, and that did not fix it I am waiting on delivery of the circuit board now just wanted your opinion if it is the board
Thanks in advance
2021 F250 7.3 Godzilla
2015 Alpine 3010RE
Pullrite superglide 16k
7 REPLIES 7

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Had it happen twice and both times a paper wasp took up residency in the burner orifice.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Spark Electrode is typically used for High Voltage Spark to ignite the gas AND for Flame Proving Signal return path

You replaced the spark electrode.......is it fully engulfed in flame when the flame does light....must be in order for Flame proving signal to be sensed by circuit board.

Course a 2000 year RV could have thermocouple which is used to keep gas valve open

BUT W/O brand/model ALL responses are GUESSES
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bad thermocouple
Partially clogged burner orifice
Defective control bard
Bad wire between control board and ignightor/sensor, .
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

jimcatinmi
Explorer
Explorer

MOD'S EDIT: You need to upload your photo to a publicly accessible website and then paste the link here.

This site is the quickest/easiest way to host the image and generate a link that will display here: http://photoposting.is-great.net
2021 F250 7.3 Godzilla
2015 Alpine 3010RE
Pullrite superglide 16k

jimcatinmi
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for responding guys, I will look for blockages and I should have told you it worked fine the first couple trips out this year then it started acting up.
This is the part I changed already
2021 F250 7.3 Godzilla
2015 Alpine 3010RE
Pullrite superglide 16k

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check for an obstruction in the burner tube, like a spider nest. Also, check the fire chamber for a wasp nest. Very common
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the thermocouple is bad to me.