cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winter Test AC

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to test my ac in my new TT but its 45f out. I do have it 70 in the TT but the compresser will not turn. Is the thermostat on the roof?
2018 Heartland Trailrunner 24 SLE... 1999 old style Chevy 2500 with 34k
6 REPLIES 6

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
The blow dryer did it. All seems fine. Thanks guys. I have one more thing if you would.. My fridge has a thermostat that is hung on a fin in the fridge. On a 55F day I tested it and it was getting to cold. I had it adjusted to on the bottom of fin. Any tips on this?

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The Dial tstat you have has a copper sensor off the back about 10 inches long. Using a blow dryer, heat the area just behind the Tstat and that will trigger the Compressor to come on. Doug

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Did you turn down the thermostat to something well below the current inside ambient temp?
The thermostat is just a dial on the ac itself. The fan does work.. Maybe I need to get it hotter in there. I no I wont need it for a while but it just would be nice to no if it works..:)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Did you turn down the thermostat to something well below the current inside ambient temp?

mat60
Explorer
Explorer
Its just 20 amp but heavy cord not very long with nothing else running. I figured it would at least try to start on low.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I hope not. What is your power source?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman